OhmerPrems announcements thread (stable 2.4.1 is available)

Count Modula (Poly Manual CV) modules are to test CVs (debug purposes).

On the KlokSpid MkII module, first three input are CLK, RUN, and CV3. Can be converted respectively to CV1, CV2, and RESET (small segment-LED displays above first three inputs indicate role: CLK or CV1, RUN or CV2, CV3 or RST). CV4 to CV8 don’t have these displays, because they’re always CV inputs.

Expander module (named KX) brings discrete CLK, RUN, and RESET. When expander is placed along main module, internal inputs are automatically switched to become mandatory CV1, CV2 and CV3 inputs (because CLK, RUN, and RESET are from expander, instead). By using expander, you get 3 additional CV inputs (CV1, CV2, and CV3), said differently… you benefit all eight CV inputs (CV1 to CV8).

On KX expander, below “QUANT.” label, OFS.1 and OFS.2 are pre-offset inputs, dedicated to quantizers exclusively. They act as bipolar -5V/+5V CV inputs. Both are not reported by View CV Assign. Matrix page, however (but their assignments - output’s quantizer only - are visible from KX Expander / OFS.1/OFS.2 Assign. menu, or by doing left mouse click over OFS.1 or OFS.2 LED!

All are explained in the KlokSpid MkII specs & documentation page (okay I admit it’s TLTR, and tedious, and at the moment, it’s not a full manual). I’m adding some pictures (some will be animated GIFs).

KlokSpid MkII is a complex module, of course, it have 8 inputs (three first are versatile), 8 outputs, many waveforms, many parameters (per waveform), optional quantizers (one possible for each output), coming soon euclidean (also one possible for each output), in preparation for wavetables, clocked envelopes, al in 16HP module.

IMHO, it will be better to use this thread instead, for technical discussions, or private.

Hello there and friendly greetings!

Hey… Uhm… I have a question. Trivial, maybe, but I am really curious. I read (on github) FroeZe & FroeZe-X modules. And I suddenly think about Edgar Froese. Is it a coincidence or?.. :thinking:

1 Like

Hello Andrea, please read the documentation, from FroeZe & FroeZe-X section, in particular FroeZe/FroeZe-X specifications & Quick Guide document, from OhmerPrems GitHub repository, I’m nearly sure you’ll solve this interesting mystery… :wink: (please consider it’s a trivia game)

It’s my turn, now: your avatar here is Space Invaders enemy… Long life to M.A.M.E… :wink:

Friendly greetings, too!

1 Like

HAHA! Yeah, read it!

And yes, you got my avatar correctly even if, way before MAME there were the cabinets in the video arcades (or penny arcades, as one of my old friends still call them). I remember when I first saw Space Invaders, back in 1980 (in my country coin-ops came a bit late). It was magic.

Also, later on, chiptunes, 8bit music was magic as well. Now that I am old and half-decrepit I still listen to tons of chiptunes and 8bit goodies.

Simply EXCELLENT!

Yep, about FroeZe sequencer module, its name is a tribute to Edgar Froese. I’m TD absolute fan, since the first concert have seen IRL, at cathédrale de Reims (Reims cathedral), France, during 1974 (I was 12 years old).

Favorite albums are Phaedra, and Tangram. Also loving Ricochet piece. I consider the best period was Froese/Franke/Baumann, during 4+2 years (along 70s).

My favorite chiptune comes from videogame named Super Hexagon, title is Hexagonest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjUPVKEN9tI

Commodore Amiga, trackers… the wonderful epoch. I’m 59 (60 isn’t so far) :wink:

3 Likes

I can understand. TD came quite late into my musical life, first ever piece was “Journey Through a Burning Brain” but then I felt in love with the “virgin years” productions so yeah, Phaedra is some kind of milestone for me as well!

Unfortunately I never see them live despite in my country we had yearnings for experimental music, Kosmische musik and electronic music.

I don’t remember much of Super Hexagon but the OST is badass! Those days, where we used to use trackers and maybe some MIDI or samples were indeed glorious. Maybe because we were pioneering something wonderful, tasting things to come forbidden and unknown to “normies”! :laughing:

Or maybe because we were young and the world was our oyster :grin: You see… 53 here getting close to 54!

1 Like

After downloading the Beta VCV file and starting VCV, the modules where all there… but VCV kept crashing when opening Klok Spid 2. So I unfollowed Ohmer on Library, klicked “Add all” instead, deleted Ohmer and OhmerPrems folders, reinstalled OhmerPrems beta… but no modules showed up in browser. Repeated the same procedure 2 times. Log doesn’t show any obvious problem. Downloaded Ohmer Plugins from Library, after that Log shows 2 modules installed by OhmerPrems and the rest installed by Ohmer. ClokSpid Mk2 does not appear in the log,

Frozoe, Frozoe-X, Kordz, QuadPercs are installed from OhmerPrems (beta) KlokSpid1, RKD, BRK, Metriks, Polarity Sw, Splitter and Blanks from Ohmer (library)

Maybe you used the same unique handle for both releases? That would only explain some of it though.

Troll → now this guy is blocked, forever.

1 Like

Beta 9 (v2.4.1b9) is available as Pre-release (GitHub).

• Fixed bad ratio concerning /5.3 modifier (it was, by error, 1/5 instead of 1/5.3).
  • Added a kind of “frequency limiter” to avoid frequencies over than 22,050Hz (when using high frequency, combined with high multiplier) sent on concerned output(s).
  • Some cosmetic enhancements (touchscreen).
  • Wavetable Manager is on-the-way, but partially operational (from output > Waveform menu item, 3rd and 4th pages dedicated to wavetables, **by doing right mouse button on relevant WAVETABLE box, this open the Wavetable Manager page). However, wavetables can be loaded/assigned, unassigned (same menu entry), but not yet proceeded. Other menu entries are not yet implemented.
  • Some code optimizations.

:warning: Issue report / Technical / Help: please use this thread. Thanks in advance. :ok_hand:

1 Like

v2.4.1 Beta 10 (v2.4.1b10) is available as Pre-release (GitHub) - September 27th, 2023.

• This beta 10 introduces new module: FroeZe-SX, 14HP left-side expander for FroeZe sequencer. This expander permits to control swing per track (instrument track only) by discrete CV inputs (one per instrument track). Recommended unipolar 0V/+10V CV source(s), in order to access 50%-75% range for swing. As soon as you enable SWING for any particular track (by doing left mouse button click on relevant UNUSED box on FroeZe-SX touchscreen), FroeZe internal CV SWING input jack is automatically switched off (its LED is turned red, its two-digit readout below shows ).

:warning: Please disconnect FroeZe’s SWING input, otherwise, left mouse click(s) over UNUSED boxes (FroeZe-SX touchscreen) don’t have effect - the box stays UNUSED, instead switched to SWING! Please apologize! This unwanted behavior will be fixed in next release.

• KlokSpid MkII: added 72, 120 and 192 PPQN (not sure these values are useful in VCV Rack environment, but they’re used by Wolfram MIDI PPQN Duration Calculator). Removed 1 PPQN, because it’s the PULSES mode equivalent!.

• KlokSpid MkII: now, while the module acts as slave clock (clock modulator) - when CLK input (internal, or via KX expander) is connected to another clock source, Ext. CLK xxxx replaces “CLOCK xxx” in info display (the single-line display below the continuous encoder). By turning the continuous encoder, now you can browse (yellow color) Pulses, then all possible PPQN factors (2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48, 64, 72, 96, 120, 192) - but, when entering into “PPQN domain”, the first presented value is the lastest registered setting. Then finally, BPM CV mode. Total of 15 possible settings, reachable by moving the encoder (clockwise, or counter-clockwise).

Animation here (demo) – this forum doesn’t accept .gif files. :unamused:

• KlokSpid MkII: from Global Settings menu, the previous existing External clock by PPNQ menu is removed (became useless).

• KlokSpid MkII: while editing the slave clock mode (Ext. CLK), by turning continuous encoder, now by pressing Cancel/Exit button (while the selected setting is yellow), the previous registered slave clock mode is restored.

:warning: Issue report / Technical / Help: please use this thread. Thanks in advance. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

v2.4.1 Beta 11 (v2.4.1b11) is available as Pre-release (GitHub) - October 2nd, 2023.

• KlokSpid MkII: new feature: when the menu system is disabled (home menu on touchscreen is gray, and the info display is blue), by default you can set the BPM/frequency (or Ext.CLK mode). However, by pressing Cancel/Exit button, you can edit the output’s modifier “on-the-fly” (obviously, for the current/last selected output): its current modifier is indicated in info display (Modifier: xxxx, blue color). By moving the continuous encoder, this select next/previous modifier. No validation is required (when selected, the modifier is immediatly validated). This special edit mode is staying active during 15-second timeout (since last action on continuous encoder or buttons), then the module returns to regular CLOCK (or Ext. CLK) display/edit. The new tiny display located above Cancel/Exit button indicates what the ‘action’ is, if you press it: MOD indicates it will edit modifier, BPM for tempo, FRQ for frequency, or EXT for external clock mode. While browsing menus/pages, it displays - - - (red color).

• KlokSpid MkII + KX expander: fixed strange (not critical & random) bug: when placing KX expander along left side of KlokSpid MkII module, the RUN Input Role or OFS.1/OFS.2 Assign. menu/page may appear (exactly like by doing left mouse button click over RUN, OFS.1 or OFS.2 LED). I have added some “guards” in source codes to prevent this troublesome behavior, definitively.

• KlokSpid MkII: reworked a bit the Wavetable Manager base menu (from waveform selection, go to page 3 or 4 by clicking blue arrows located above “SINE” box). Then, do a right mouse button click over relevant WAVETABLE box, in order to open Wavetable Manager for it. Now, a simplified WTx Settings menu item will permit - in the future - to configure the wavetable but from unique page. This menu item is locked (grayed) while the WT slot is not assigned to a WAVE file, or if a Serum-compliant wavetable file is already assigned to the slot (in this case, they’re nothing to configure, because number of cycles and wavetable morph mode are already tagged inside the .wav file for wavetables saved by Xfer Serum).

• KlokSpid MkII: fixed PULSE issue when changing the output modifier (output ratio) from very slow to faster factor. Now works as expected during output’s phase reset/restart handler). Other available waveforms (triangle, sine, S&H, constant, and one-shot) was not impacted, however.

• FroeZe-SX expander: fixed a stucked situation while %SWING CV input jack (FroeZe sequencer) is connected.

• FroeZe-SX expander: when a instrument-related box is switched from UNUSED to SWING (left mouse button click on instrument’s box on touchscreen), the SWING label and its related input LED (as red) are blinking fast while the related input jack is not connected.

• All modules: fixed random unstabilities, in particular when VCV Rack 2 is starting and reloads “autosave.vcv”.

2 Likes

Hi, excuse me if this is the wrong thread, but I thought I might just ask my question here. I am a bit confused about your Premium modules. I saw one can buy them for 15€. But your website says :" Since VCV Rack 2, the plugin is EXACTLY the same than free version, except a personal license key is sent to OhmerPrems members (by email). The license key unlocks all modules included in the plugin to full (unrestricted)." So by subscribing will some extra modules be unlocked or will it be the same modules as the free version or do the modules get extra features etc. ? Thanks for the help.

Hi, the binary is same (for everybody). But without additional license key (file), all modules run as “demo” (except new KlokSpid MkII & KX expander module, always free). Without license key, modules have some limitations/restrictions concerning features (as described in plugin page from GitHub).

Every OhmerPrems members receive the key (license keyfile) by email, including instructions to install it. The presence of key file unlocks all modules to full version.

For VCV Rack v1, binary was different from demo to registered, because personal key was encrypted into plugin.dll/.so/.dylib file! So, for VCV Rack 2, the process is more easy, in particular to be compatible against VCV Library feature.

I have modified the OhmerPrems page, to remove possible confusion (VCV Rack 2 is living since months, also I’ve advised mine members about end of support concerning v1).

Hope my explanation is clear. And you’re welcome!

2 Likes

I’ve forgot:

• Don’t worry for the “wrong” thread. :wink: This thread is appropriate (it’s not a technical assistance).
  • 15 € is for whole OhmerPrems plugin (all modules, and future modules).
  • Pay once, even if VCV Rack go to version 3, version 4, etc… in the future. It’s my policy.
1 Like

v2.4.1 Beta 12 (v2.4.1b12) is available as Pre-release (GitHub) - October 6th, 2023.

Downloads & release details: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems/releases

:information_source: Next beta will not be beta 13, but beta 14 instead… because :black_cat: (:smiley:)

v2.4.1 (stable release) is available as lastest Release (GitHub) - November 24th, 2023. This v2.4.1 release will be updated to VCV Library soonly!

Downloads & release details: https://github.com/DomiKamu/OhmerPrems/releases

Important news concerning QuadPercs (in particular for non-OhmerPrems members): now you can preview any drum kit sounds (any samplerate). To do it, first disconnect the cable on related channel input, then by selecting another drum machine and/or drum kit (same channel), related sound is always played (no matter the engine’s samplerate setting). However, the preview feature is disabled while the channel input cable is connected!

LED color scheme is changed in QuadPercs module:

• Green when drum machine sounds and/or samplerate is allowed.
  • Red otherwise! no sound output on related channel (excepted during preview, as explained above!).

:warning: Preview feature will be implemented in FroeZe sequencer module in next release.

:information_source: 50% off during Black Friday (as indicated in README.md, here)

1 Like

KlokSpid MkII looks super nice. Euclidean seems not editable - is it work in progress?

Thank you, Rodney, be sure you comment is very appreciated! :ok_hand:

Yep, I confirm Euclidean is planned for next release. Then Lin/Exp Exp/Lin Envelopes (or perhaps something else) & wavetable support (both from Waveform menu), also Scope (by right mouse clicking on input or output LED) as final feature.

Check you email box… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Dominique, happy to join OhmerPrems !

1 Like

You’re welcome, Rodney, do not hesitate for anything, such questions, help/support, and so on!