O-Coast, Neutron, VCV Rack - Leaf

I started building a sort of a fixed rack in VCV Rack of 9U, 104HP, and compose using it, learning the modules and how they interact with one another. It’s not easy to select the modules, and I’m sure that it will change from time to time, but this is my first composition I’ve recorded with it.

5 Likes

Great work as usual! It seems you found a new quantizer :grinning: What‘s the name of this one?

Thanks! Yeah, since I’m trying to build a fixed rack, saving HP is important… I actually used the wrong one in this track. This one is Erwin from Aepelzens, but I wanted to use Lazy Suzanne from Holonic. It has also trigger outputs unlike Erwin. Anyway, if you’re low on HP, I really recommend Lazy Suzanne. Cheers!

2 Likes

This is really cool - the composition itself is great, and the idea of a fixed rack is an interesting concept, and one I’ve been thinking about for a while. Certainly in a forum such as this, it would be quite interesting to have a fixed rack challenge, where a rack of set modules was determined, but it is up to the individual user to decide how they are connected. @ablaut maybe an idea for a VCP challenge, or if anyone else wants to, feel free to decide a fixed rack and set up a topic for it.

1 Like

Oh yes, that’s an interesting concept. I think that limitations are important in art…

2 Likes

yes, i’ve had that idea, and i will probably use it for a special edition at some point. i’ll need to play around with that myself, so i can offer something that is versatile enough.

2 Likes

What means “fixed rack in VCV Rack of 9U, 104HP”?
I guess “fixed” means that the same set of modules will be reused, but what does “9U, 104HP” mean? And how is it relevant? Is it something like a limitation to foster creativity? Get closer to a hardware setup?

Well, yes, it means having a certain set of modules and using them as an instrument. The 9U 104HP part is about size, comparable to Eurorack measurements. 3U (Units) are one row so 9U are 3 rows. 104HP (Horizontal Pitch) are the width of the overall modules.

1 Like

now it makes sense, thanks.

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: