NYSTHI v2.4.23

WOW! pretty impressive ! :smiley:

REMINDER: probably this is the last release I’ll do at the same time also for WIN and LIN; my interest is shifting on how to make the plugin M1 aware.

REMINDER 2: this is not distributed via LIBRARY (I’ll wait for any report, and in the meantime probably I’ll do something new)

v2.0.12 AKA the BURRUMBALLA : new modules SIMPLICITER MULTI - POLYSEVENSEAS 2 - NUDGER - VOLTAGE - LABEL

#v2.0.12 (2021-12-28)

SLIM SIMPLER

• new feature: the START of sample control, now controls the STOP/END position if goes in negative and START position if in positive

SIMPLICITER

• starts the crossfade time between REC and PLAY to ZERO
  • implement the pause RECORD: pressing on the RED button REC, with the COMMANDKEY down, the REC timer will be stopped and RECORDING will stay in pause until a new TAP (or PULSE) on the REC button for a CONTINUE
  • debug a crash in headless mode
  • add a new PLAY MODE: PING PONG MODE (via contextual menu)
  • bug: if in “output 0V if stopped” mode, transition between loop - no-loop - loop will mute (corrected)

SIMPLICITER MULTI

• a multi track (from 1 to 16 tracks) sample player/recorder
  • (recording you are on your own! depends on your memory)
  • can do prerecord mode (til 120 secs) or standard record mode, Direct to Disk
  • Playing is always (like in all simpliciter/sampler) using memory
  • can record up to 16 tracks of CV data and save in a WAV file at 100hz (the feature is activated using the “CV” button in INPUT zone

MUSICALBOX MUSICALBOX2

• add exclusive play mode (activable using contextual menu). When ON, only one sampler at time can play

POLYSEVENSEAS 2

• variable geometry of the sample cube
  • supporting till 8192 points waves (contextual menu from 256 to 8192)
  • from 8 to 64 waves per bank (contextual menu)
  • at startup is the same as the POLYSEVENSEAS standard, loading the base table of 64 x 64 x 256 but you can do a CLEAN all LOAD banks, change the geometries (the dependent variable is the BANK number, for example if you set 64 waves of 8192 points, there will be only 2 banks (2 x 64 x 8192 = 1048576 sample points) or you have a classic geometry of 32 * 16 * 2048 (hosting 32 SERUM banks of 16 waves)

when you fill it, you can save as GLOBAL bank and reuse in the defaults

STEREOCHORUS 2

• accepting poly signals now (bug)

PROGRAMMER

• added commands to copy track to track
  • added command to nudge forward (shift the sequence to the left, one step) and backward (shift the sequence to the right, one step) per track

NUDGER

• expander for the SERGE Programmer adding controls for nudging and CV signals
  • GLOBAL NUDGE via tap button or pulse signals (all tracks). FORWARD or BACKWARD.
  • TRACK NUDGE via tap button or pulse signals track by track. FORWARD or BACKWARD.
  • CV control of nudge, if CV is in nudging will be modulated in semitones (2 semitone, 2 nudges… example)
  • Global CV Adder (the central one) (add a CV to all TRACKS)
  • Track by track CV ADD

S.A.M.

• add EOC pulse OUT when the sentence is complete

SIMPLER TAPE CONTROL

• added a TRIG IN TOGGLER to do instantaneous change between play directions

VOLTAGE

• a single slim editable inline FIXED VOLTAGE EMITTER

LABEL

• a single slim editable inline LABEL, multiline

MULTIVOLTIMETRO

• add VOLTAGES SORT for polyphonic incoming voltages (ascending - descending)
  • add poly voltage merging
  • poly voltage are positional and overridable (if you insert a 4 chan in position position 10 channel 10 11 12 and 13 will be used

NYSTHIOMETER

• add ZSTD decompress utility on drag and drop of files for type “vcvx” :smiley:
  • add ZSTD compress utility on drag and drop of directories with type “vcvx”

THE CAGE

• solved the case of missing saved scales :smiley: (always same problem of inverted startup v2 sequence)

POLY LPG

• added missing bypass

ETCHASKETCHOSCOPE

• add history to Beam Size CV in (so can act as Z channel)

LFOMULTIPHASE

• add Poly out from output 1 (8 phases)

LFOMULTIPHASE2

• add Poly out from output 1 (6 phases)

TZOP

• add full detach mode (carrier modulation and any other expander mode)
22 Likes

@zakforrest :point_up: there is a multitrack player (recorder) simpliciter multi

1 Like

question about new Simpliciter 2.0.12 . pressing record with command key down merges new recording with the previous one but is it possible not to merge but insert new recording when pressing record again at the place where i want completely to replace that section , not merge ?

you want a punch-in punch-out
no, not available (currently)
but you can do it using cut and paste and 2 simpliciter

Thx for the copy paste tip Antonio . punch in/out would be great to have though .THX

Thank you oh so much!

1 Like

Interesting!

Thanks for all the updates and features added so far :ok_hand:t3::sparkles::+1:t3:

1 Like

if you want to TRY poly7seas2 with 2048 points waves
insert the module
switch to 2048 points (menu)
switch to 16 waves per bank (menu)

and load this (remove “vcv” at the end)
all_banksserum.wav.vcv (2.0 MB)

here an example of the programmer used to sequence 3 fm VCO (poly mode)

fm sequenced5.vcv (4.7 KB)

2 Likes

I installed 2.0.13, but I have the impression it does not show up. Cannot find the slim label or the dual voltage. Of course it is very well possible that I am doing something wrong, but can you check? I am on windows.

tested: is ok

they are very small ! (search LABEL, and FIXED to find it)

1 Like

Great patch!

Do you still need to turn off multi threading on windows and then set the quality to something besides “bad”? Or have the defaults been changed?

Checked this on another Windows machine. Rack 2.04, Nysthi 2.013. No show :frowning:

I’m on Windows, using NYSTHI 2.0.13

1 Like

The master of slim modules!

1 Like

Strange. I don’t know why that doesn’t work here. Downloaded the latest release off the github.

multithreading removed, but interpolation is still level 8 :wink: (base)

1 Like

yeah, tough choice. If it were me I might default to medium? But obviously is uses more CPU…

remember: I’ve implemented the full detach in tzop

2 Likes