NYSTHI v2.4.23

Love it Antonio, not only updates, but you managed to slip in a hellspawned beefcake of a delay too! Seriously though, you should be more proud of this collection of work than ever. Functionality was always there, now they look cooler too and create even more wild possibilities than before.

2 Likes

They may not have been in line with your aesthetic @pgatt, but some of us already thought they looked cool! :stuck_out_tongue:

(FWIW, they’re even cooler now :wink: )

XDXDXD

I meant exactly what you wrote. Edited.

2 Likes

all good, just being my smartass self :wink:

must be redone (if the original author wants to)

Hey mate, it seems Confusing Simpler makes Reaper crash on project load. I could be wrong but made a track with it and everything went fine until i reloaded the project the next day, it crashes on loading. Re-installed VCV and deleted the Rack2 folder but with no success. Tried to reproduce it in another test project, using only Confusing Simpler and no other modules and it did it again. Somehow Reaper doesnt like it on boot. Im on Windows 10.

I had a similar problem with Simpliciter, VCV Pro Fx VST and Cakewalk by BandLab. The combination works OK until the project is saved and reloaded. Loading the project crashes libRack.dll and the DAW. The stand alone Rack v2 works OK. Yesterday, I sent the VCV log and minidump to VCV support because I have no way to tell if the problem lies with VCV or Simpliciter. Waiting on a reply from VCV support.

1 Like

@fxbip @scook if you feel it’s a bug, open and issue and describe operations, systems and reproducibility

• attach the log I don’t have VST and I don’t plan to use it So the only hope for you (if it’s really a simpliciter problem) is the log.txt (or the crash report from the system)

done some font massaging

please test this one:

1 Like

Hi Antonio,

I’m getting this issue with some modules from at least two other developers in Bitwig - everything is fine until you save your project and open it again - actually it also happens when you delete the Rack VST instance in the project then undo - it crashes while undoing.

Just mentioning this as it appears to be a fairly common problem so if you find the cause / solution please let us know what it is so we can spread the word.

For any users getting this - although the Rack project saves automatically with the DAW it’s always a good idea to save it separately within Rack itself too - you can still do that in the VST version same as you would the standalone - so then if you get the crash on load problem, you can just delete the VST instance, add The VST back into the track and do a file > open from within the Rack VST to get the Rack project back - that works fine.

2 Likes

I’ve just finished a HUGE font massaging on all my modules (took me 4 hours…) I’m 100% sure now that all the font shared ptr are always tested before any use

version 2.0.8

let’s see if it’s the problem

5 Likes

@fxbip @scook please test the version 2.0.8 :point_up:

from what you are saying (crash on open, on UNDO, and let me guess, on DUPLICATE) the problem arise from a “dataFromJson”

Yes on DUPLICATE too :slight_smile:

Thanks - I will let the other developer know this.

Received e-mail from Andrew asking to try 2.0.8

No difference with 2.0.8

Crashed both Rack 2.0.0 and 2.0.1

Easy to reproduce in Cakewalk 2021.11 on Win10

• Add an instance of Simpliciter to VCV Rack VST
  • Save and close the project
  • Re-open the project
  • LibRack.dll crashes and takes the DAW with it.

so was not the font

but when first time created a project and inserted a simpliciter can you use it? import audio ?, record ?, play with slices ? Grid ?

and after importing a file audio if you do “duplicate” ? and if you do a duplicate without files ?

Does not crash on UNDO in Cakewalk Does crash when duplicating the track and writing a track template to disk.

I was talking about simpliciter not the tracks

Simpliciter works fine.

I was using it to record and mangle a clip in the project.

Saved the project.

The first crash happened when saving the audio track with the plug-in and a MIDI track controlling the plug-in to a template.

Then it crashed when re-opening.

Just tried duplicating the track.

I can duplicate and undo Simpliciter instances in the Rack without audio.