NYSTHI Confusing simpler: trig start only if the wave.file is off

hello I am trying to trig the start of confusing simpler with a probability trig (bernouilli gate) but I want that the trig happen only if the wave.file is off (I don’t want than the file restart in the middle)…
Anybody has an idea how to do it?
Thanks a lot

EHHH?

what’s wave.file is off ?

the TRIG start can accept a pulse in pulse mode or a GATE (if in gate mode)

if you apply a PULSE to START, the sample will RESTART always from the start of current selection/slice

if you PULSE the STOP/CONTINUE you’ll continue from last PLAYING HEAD position

But what I want to do it’s that the file play totally and when it is stoped a probability trig can run it

I finally manage doing like in the screenshot… But it is not clean work. thanks for the interest Antonio.

still don’t understand what you want

if you want to play fully, set to trig mode (gated off) and one shot mode (loop iff)

Finally it’s not working, sorry if I have difficulty to explain… My trig to start is aleatory so it can happen on every moment , and I would like than the aleatory trig happen only if the wave.file is not playing…
Maybe I don’t understand what you are suggesting me… sorry for the lost of time and have a nice day.

I think it’s something like this:
Trigger-> play wavefile,
while playing wavefile ignore all triggers
When finished playing wavefile wait for next trigger.

You understood exactly what I want but is it possible?

Easy Peasy, you need to use an envelope follower to detect when the Confusing sampler is silent.

1 Like

Or…

1 Like

perfect thanks a lot

I’d suggest using the Oneshot mode of NYSTHI::Bivio, and connect the Confusing Simpler’s EOC Trig OUT to the Bivio Reset Trig IN.

Just patch your clock to both the Signal/CV IN, and the TAP Trig IN.

3 Likes

perfect suggestion @Patman !

1 Like

So, what is Bivio for? I only ask because I just had a go with it and it’s really not clear to me. I get that the trigger changes between the two outs based on the probabilities value but what does it take in?

Think of it like a bastard child of a Mutable::Bernoulli Gate and a noobhour::baseliner maybe?

It splits 1 Audio Rate, CV, Trig, or Gate source to 2 destinations based on probs (or chooses between 2 sources for 1 dest with OIVIB), but it also uses a separate trigger input to clock it.

2 Likes

anyway, after your request, I’ll add a “BUSY” condition to the players/samplers

if the BUSY is ON and the PLAYER is PLAYNG, every TRIG to START/RESTART will be unconsidered

(same as BUSY in complexDAHD )

1 Like

As usual, you’re a killer Antonio, “busy” condition is a really nice add. Thanks ! …and now what about a “Tuzzi” condition :crazy_face: ?

1 Like

are you referring to the “2z” condition ? :rofl:

1 Like

That makes sense, I tried to do something with EOC and that wasn’t working…

in v1 SIMPLICITER supports the BUSY flag ( via contextual menu)
(BUSY means: a PULSE to START is executed if PLAYING is in STOP mode)