NullPath

Yup!

1 Like

thank you for that, by the way. it means a lot as i’ve been feeling kind of self-conscious about the oscillator specifically.

1 Like

great! thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the only reliable solution to this issue is to do your test builds with the rack build tool chain. I remember reading that GitHub action builds don’t always pick the right libraries.

yeah, i imagine that’s true. unfortunately, i don’t have access to the Mac SDK necessary to do so locally. for the time being, the build action we’ve been using has worked great with no issues beyond the one experienced by @dreamer which has already been fixed. so at least until i have access to a Mac, or until the build action fails me worse than a minor inconvenience, i’ll have to stick with what we’ve got.

oh, for sure. Luckily for me my wife has a mac, so I get the sdk from her. But you can make just win and linux builds on the toolchain if you want.

Because the original jp8000 supersaw had so much aliasing it was common (anecdotally) to filter out some high frequencies and replace it with white noise. So I guess it became a thing… super saw with some noise sprinkled on top…

1 Like

ah, interesting, ok. I’ll buy that. but, wait, I’m not the only person on the world who doesn’t like a----ing? oh - to get that sound you would need to LPF the saws while the noise goes through unfiltered, right? do either of these modules do that?

1 Like

well Turbulence certainly doesn’t, since i wouldn’t know how to add filtering even if i wanted to.

2 Likes

there is a new build available here.

Cascade now has functioning output range settings in the context menu for all 4 individual channels, their connecting sections, and the central Cascade section.

there is also an “All Ranges” submenu, with a toggle to override the individual range settings. when this is toggled on, current individual settings will be saved, and restored when it is toggled back off.

2 Likes

quick fix update: i forgot to save and restore all the output range settings between Rack restarts. here is an updated build that will do so

1 Like

hey all. i ended up taking the last few months off for personal reasons, and am just now coming back to developing on this and my own personal plugins.

i just finished implementing two new features into the last module in our collection, “Entangle”, which is a 9-input by 9-output “random router” module, with a whole bunch of different modes.

the two features i just added are the option to crossfade between switching output values, and a “hold last value” option which, when a given output’s mapped input is not connected, the output will hold its last value instead of switching to 0.

if anybody is interested and/or has some time to try out the module and offer any feedback or ask any questions, i’d appreciate it. the current build can be found here: https://github.com/alefnull/NullPath/releases/tag/2.0.0-bf523fa

there isn’t yet a manual written for Entangle, so feel free to ask for clarification on any functionality.

12 Likes

I’ll try it asap and will report what I find then

Adam Szabo wrote the ''definitive" paper on “How to Emulate the Super Saw”.

For those who are interested, a link to his 2010 thesis “How to Emulate the Super Saw”:

2 Likes

And more creativity finding its way towards the VCV Rack community. I hope I will find some time to have a look and provide some useful feedback.

My “Saws” is based very closely on this paper, as it says in the manual.

1 Like

Just thought I’d share this chaotic adventure-land of a patch. All the randomness is coming from Null Path.

NulLCrawl.vcv (9.0 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks!
PS. You forgot some unused modules in the patch.

1 Like

I know. Many thanks for your many contributions. I use them a lot.

1 Like

I tried the modules here on Win11 and they work flawless! :+1:

1 Like