Nozoid: Panel says "This module neees 96 kHz sample rate"

I experienced a problem with all the Nozoid Nozori modulesI’m trying to use these modules, but a cant view the panel properly. I cant get this “This module need 96 kHz sample rate” text and darkening out of the way. Am I as a beginner racker missing something? The modules (at least the ones I know how to use at some level) seem to function as they are supposed to.

Elias

Did you try changing the sample rate to 96k?

1 Like

The message should disappear after short time.

Last time it was brought up it was explained this collection is mostly meant as demos of the hardware, which runs at 96khz, so porting the code to work at more common sampling rates wasn’t a priority.

Bumping up the sample rate to use this collection will increase you CPU usage greatly. Unless they do something unique you really want, you’re often better off trying to find a similar module that runs at 44.1/48.

3 Likes

You can still run them at 48khz, the message disappears after a few seconds. I don’t know if it radically changes the module’s sound, or if I’m completely oblivious to something y’all seem to be aware of.

48khz is half of 96khz. What happens to audio when you slow it down by half? That’s what I’d expect to happen here.

comment from the developer via github.

The only problem of using this module with a different SR is that frequency (VCO/VCF/LFO) or timing (ADSR) will not be the one I adjusted. At 44100KHz, VCO can no go higher than about 8KHz. The max audio delay time will also be different depending the SR.

there have been a couple requests for optimization to decrease CPU usage but the dev is unwilling. i installed these modules and got rid of them pretty quick. im on a mbp and these just werent worth the intensive CPU usage.

With the ones I tried I could get anything from the inaudibly slow to the uncomfortably high lol

This annoying message never goes away here, mac osx 10.13 not at 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz setting. Just ignore this modules!

I really like these modules, some of them are really interesting and work just fine at other sample rates. The message not going away sounds like a bug, it disappears for me on linux and windows.

Hey everyone. I am using a Mac, might be exclusive to things running OSX. I tried everything I could think of. Including first changing all the sample rates to 96kHz and then reloading the patch and/or restarting the whole thing it self. Also tried just waiting and using it, nothing could make the text disappear…

From what I found written somewhere, the modules wont track voltages perfectly accurately and some similar effects can occur, when using lower SRs.

Maybe post here : https://github.com/ch-nry/VCV_nozori/issues ?

I did. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Interesting - I used to always get the 96kHz message until I checked today, when it is no longer present. But now - only for some modules - they say they require a 48kHz sample rate. Is this a very recent update?

These seem to me to be far more than a demo sales pitch for the hardware units. They have a great sound and personally I love them a lot. Also, I don’t see them taking up unreasonable amounts of CPU.

While here, I think the conception of the Nozoid hardware modules is original and very clever. If I went over to the dark side - hardware - I would have a suitcase full of these [I don’t work for Nozoid and I am in no way connected to them. I just think its a neat engineering idea.]

1 Like

You mean same layout and switching faceplates ?

VCV Library :wink:

No, I mean in the hardware you buy the module which is all the same, add the faceplate and simply set the jumper switches for the modular function you want. A neat idea. Pluses and minuses to this like any engineering design, but very imaginative.

I think we mean the same thing, but use different ways of saying it. :wink:

About the modules I linked to : https://modularaddict.com/manufacturer/starling/starline-via

Via is a line of modules sharing a common hardware platform. A foundational analog circuit is brought to life by a digital control layer, creating a useful tool for routing and generating signals in your patch. You can transform a Via module into one of its family members by swapping the faceplate and flashing new firmware.

`

1 Like

oh i had never noticed !

1 Like