[now available] Drone Day 2020 collab

now also on youtube

8 Likes

Beautifully crafted, congrats everyone and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

very very nice job, I don’t know if I could do something like this, mixing different stuff from different people keeping the “wave” is something that has never passed thru my mind

sometimes closed, sometimes open, sometimes psychedelic, sometimes interstellar
reverses, basses, reprises, filtered voices
all reminds me of an awakening creature :open_mouth:

listened carefully, headphones on AND monitors+subwoofer

mixing something like this is challenging for sure, I have to learn a DAW, I must know if there is something similar to the “sidechain compression” BUT instad of working on the GAIN, that works on the EQ, so we have a “basement/lower” track, to which would be applied a notch filter on the dominant frequencies of a “soloist/upper” track
in some spots it would help a lot!

I have to re-post it on youtube :sunglasses: [edit: I don’t have 1000 subscribers, so I won’t be able to :cry: ]

again, congratulations :broccoli:

3 Likes

Un travail de mixage remarquable, ablaut :slightly_smiling_face:. Une réussite de tous :gem: (Remarkable mixing work, ablaut :slightly_smiling_face:. A success for all :gem:). Merci à vous.

2 Likes

“I must know if there is something similar to the “sidechain compression” BUT instad of working on the GAIN, that works on the EQ”

Sounds to me like you’re looking for a spectral dynamic processor. I suggest you demo the following plug ins :

Wavesfactory - Trackspacer

Sonible - Smart.Comp

TBProAudio - DSEQ (highly recommended)

MeldaProductions - MSpectralDynamics

DSEQ is my overall favorite as it does its job perfectly and is easy to set up. MSD’s interface is very challenging at first but once you start to grasp it you can go DEEP. Both plugins allow you to do a lot more than spectral ducking. Trackspacer is only for spectral ducking. Smart.Comp also works great as a spectral compressor, but you can’t get as deep as DSEQ or MSD.

Cheerz

1 Like

thank you very much, I have just read here and there about this, and I think I can do it with (two) VCV Spectra
Am I right? what do you think?

I haven’t played with Spectra that much so this is mostly guesswork, but you probably can use it to that effect with the envelope outputs > level inputs.

The thing is, with Spectra you have 16 bands, whereas with something like DSEQ or MSD you theoretically have control over every single frequency, so you’ll get much more transparent results.

But Spectra has other very interesting uses too, so I guess best thing to do is experiment and have fun :smiley:

1 Like

Nice job everyone, it tells a story

Thanks @ablaut

2 Likes