Noodlings of Lars

Thanks ady! Yes, the two WT* modules are free, because they are part of the Fundamentals plugin, which is automatically installed when you install Rack.

Thanks, so V2 might be worth getting when it is finally ready for release. I’m still getting the hang of V1, there are so many great modules, I haven’t even tried yet properly!

Oh v2 is definately worth getting, lots of improvements all around. But there’s no rush. Probably not all plugins will be ready for v2 on release day so you can keep using your v1 installation, also after installing v2. They will live happily side by side.

A little patch with VCV Rack 2, celebrating that the Turing Machine is back. It’s such a unique and also a bit temperamental module, for driving a generative melody.

2 Likes

This little patch came out of a discussion on the forum here, and I wanted to share it because I find it so pleasing.

It’s basically a little advertisement for two of the brilliant modules we have in Rack…

Atelier::Palette: This is Plaits so it’s already brilliant. But it’s enhanced with a wonderful new design (thanks Pyer), and has broken out all the controllable features of Plaits, which you might not know of, right onto the front, so it’s very playable and user friendly. And it has some enhancements, notably the unison/spread feature which makes some gorgeous, big voices. Really, go play with it, it’s wonderful - Thanks Xenakios and Pyer!

ML Modules::Evolution: This is an extremely overlooked CV/Note generator/modifier, which I especially like for creating the kind of semi-random/evolving sequences, where you have a steady, regular sequence, that then evolves in a direction, resolves back to the original, and then evolves in a different direction again. It’s very pleasing to the ear. Think of it kind of like Fate but with memory. I highly recommend you give this a try. It can appear a bit obscure or un-intuitive at first, but read the short manual and then tinker with it.

So here’s a nice little piece with those two, to run in a loop when you just want to relax.

The manuals:

4 Likes

Many thanks for this great tutorial! Now i have an idea how to create nice melodies using randomness. I searched a long time for ways to do this :smiley: Here is my patch that plays only 3 notes but with 2 voices:Evolution Have fun with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wishing you a blessed new year everyone!

I’ve been diving into OrangeLine::Dejavu and it’s quite a beast of a generative sequencer, especially with the polyphonic aspects. I also like pairing it with ML::Evolution to smoothen the transitions and throwing in the occasional high note. Here it is driving all three voices in a little new years celebration patch. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Bloody beautiful-very Japanese sounding to my ears-Yoji Sakamotoesque!

1 Like

Thanks Ady! I hadn’t thought of that but I can see what you mean.

A simple drone using the lovely “Poly Seven Seas2” through Jorus and “the blob”, and Rings in “Disastrous Peace” mode. All driven by Bitshifter (nee Bohingler) through my favorite Pentatonic scale.

6 Likes

I’ve been neglecting the Vult so here’s a very Vult’y patch. There’s Noxious doing some obnoxious bass, Trummor2 on percussion duties, various crazy Vult sequencers for notes and gates and Caudal to modulate it all. But the star of the show is my first play with Opulus and it’s GORGEOUS! Seriously, just play with the presets, they’re fabulous. Great work from Leonardo again here, thank you! So finally used that as an excuse to purchase the full Vult plugin, don’t know what’s taken me this long. Vult is a very inspiring collection of high quality modules.

4 Likes

Great sounds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Paul! Both Noxious and Opulus can make some excellent sounds for sure.

Hey folks! Hope you’re all doing well. Here’s a slow piece played on a little synth I’m working on. Lots of subtle modulations and it’s definately a headphone track. Enjoy…

2 Likes

I always enjoyed mixing and sampling LFO’s to generate sequences and melodies. It’s totally deterministic but can yield some lovely and complex melodies with some fiddling. Very pleasing to my ears.

1 Like

Wonderful and yet so simple a patch! A right smasher!

1 Like

Fishing deeper in the waters of LFO generated sequences. I think there’s a lot more down there…

2 Likes

Here’s my entry for VCP-72, thanks for keeping these going Ben!

Ice Tray is certainly a very interesting module. It’s also a bit challenging to wrap your head around it, and get something going that is musically satisfying.

In this patch I have two voices, both sequenced by the equally brilliant Glass Pane, also by Path Set. One voice is from the wonderful docB::Pad oscillator split two ways. One leg going straight to the mixer and the other going through Ice Tray.

The other being played by Basal, to anchor the whole piece.

It’s a slow, dreamy ambient piece, and good headphones are definately recommended for this one, there’s some good low frequency content there. Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here:

1 Like

This is my contribution to VCP-73.

All notes are sampled (S&H) from LFO’s (Stages) and triggered from the very nice docB::PwmClock. There are four voices, from respectively XFX-Wave, docB::PAD2, Rings and Bleak.

1 Like

My submission to VCP-74. The challenge is to make a patch making good use of Tides2, and secondarily only use the VCV Fundamentals and Audible Instruments (Mutable Instruments) modules. Tides2 is a wonderful and very versatile module. Sounds great as VCO and I love that chords mode.

4 Likes