New Sanguine Modules Mutants module

I put module parameter setting CV input values in my manuals for my plugin and modules.

1 Like

Is it hard to make the CV change the text of the chosen Model ?

I’d be delighted.

“jpnielsen”

BTW: I’d prefer a note-to-model# rule for the CV input - perhaps selectable in right-click-menu. Makes it easier to input/sequence IMO.

If selected,

• C0 = 0V = Model 1
  • C#0 = 1/12V = Model 2
  • D0 = 2/12V = Model 3
  • D#0 = 3/12V = Model 4
  • etc.

Had a lot of fun with this last night. One request for an alternative skin, such as a minimal dark mode one.

2 Likes

Many thanks for this module. I tried it out today and am very pleased.

1 Like

Issue is model can be modulated polyphonically…

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: The CV model modulation comes straight from the Plaits code; but I might look into your suggestion: I agree it makes it easier.

I implemented your suggestion; but it only works for the first poly. Channel.

2 Likes

That’s great, I wanted to ask if this was possible, and now you implemented it already, thank you.

Looking at your request for controlling the model with V/Oct values, I noticed your table only applies if you start from FLTRWAVE: the model CV is an offset to the currently selected value, so, for example, if you want to use FLTRWAVE when the selected model is DUALWAVE, the required voltage would be -1.71.

OK, I’ll wait for your finished documentation.

I think the model cv’s should be independent. I can’t think of a situation where I want to have them relative to the knob setting / model on poly 1 . . . confused.

It’s how Plaits behaves, hence… so does Funes. I understand where you’re coming from and will keep looking into adding an “absolute control” option; no promises, though.

plaits is polyphonic ?

Yep

1 Like

that’s “macro oscillator 2” - not plaits. But ok, if that’s the case, i can see where you’re coming from :slight_smile: Never really used it.

LOL, true, my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

I implemented your C0 model selection suggestion (can be toggled in the context menu). Caveat: it is monophonic.

2 Likes

A new build is available! Changes include:

• Fix: LEDs now blink when the selected model is one of the “new synthesis” ones as well.
  • Visual tweaks and adjustments
  • Fix: set proper default value when double clicking the selection knob.
  • Includes a fix from the original hardware repository concerning the “Chiptunes” model.
  • From suggestions: display reflects modulated model (can be turned off).
  • From suggestions: model can be selected absolutely using C0-B1 notes in the Model CV input.
  • A manual is available!
  • Not a Mutable or Audible; but the plugin now includes a blank with a goblin!

Find the release here:

5 Likes

Hello there! Our mad scientists have been hard at work splicing and sequencing genes! We are proud to present to you “Apices”!

• Based on Peaks.
  • Brings the missing module to VCV Rack.
  • Exposes every control of the complicated interface.
  • Put the euro in eurorack with quite a few displays, lights and LEDs!
  • Display what every knob does in every mode in a sleek OLED display!
  • Split, twin and expert. Everything is present.
  • No fiddling to get that mysterious and compelling Number station! It’s right there on the knob!
  • Access to the bouncing ball envelope! (Like Dead Man’s Catch). This mode’s code is present but not accessible in unmodified, original hardware.
  • Mix and match in Expert mode whatever with whichever, including the Number station.
  • Confusing? Mysterious? The module has a nice manual!

This module wouldn’t be possible without Hemmer’s original work to bring Peaks to Rack.

Find your Mutants here!

What a nice smile! apices

10 Likes

Ideally this will be the last updated for the Mutants in this thread: I’m hoping to move them to the Anouncements category (after mod. Approval).

While we test and write the manual for the next, big and complex release, we have a morsel!

This time our scientists spliced “Aleae”, a couple of Bernoulli Gates.

aleae_pic

What can be changed to those, you ask?

• They work as described in the hardware manual.
  • They don’t self doubt and have no confusion about what a latch is.
  • We ponied up for 4 buttons (at 90 pence a piece) so you can select how the coin toss is interpreted and how the output is handled using the buttons in the face plate, no need to long press or dive into context menus.
  • Lovely dark face plate.

For the existing modules:

• We changed our knob supplier, so you’ll find the knobs have prettier, different colors.

Find your Mutants here!

1 Like