New Module: 8Mode SoftSN Machine

Cool ! Thank you so much i will check them out ^^

If you want, you can give me an email and I will share my Mega VST folder. Way much quicker

1 Like

Oh that would be so cool ! I think it’s not allowed to put it here, so i will send you a private message :slight_smile:

i also recommend basic-65. it is 32-bits, so you need a bit-bridge, such as the one built into the amazing reaper daw.

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=basic_65&id=1815

1 Like

Do you mean you actually already tried all the existing 1.0 modules (that’s more than a thousand), but couldn’t find any acceptable alternatives/replacements for “a lot of modules”?

I can’t speak for @SkwareUawe but there are a couple of modules that I based whole patches around that aren’t out yet (Unless Games Plong being a good example, though I think that will be here eventually and there’s no rush). Personally I choose to work around that. In the case of replacing a module with a near alternative sometimes you can develop a work flow with a particular module and something similar just doesn’t work the same way. Given that case I can totally understand someone sticking with 0.6, particularly if it does everything they want.

3 Likes

perhaps you know this 8-bit Treats | SocaLabs VST, AU retro plugins - Tracktion windows linux mac all them are free,I not tested yet in the vst host

1 Like

I know it… I use it with FL :wink: Thanks for reminding me tho! I am too lazy for the bridge thing…

VST4FREE is one of my main sources for weird VST modules! :smiley:

There could be alternatives but:

1. sometimes there are just no acceptable replacements, only imprecise workarounds. Consider SoftSN Machine, SID Osc 64 just to mention the one I use for chiptunes. And workarounds are not the same since the plugins emulate quite perfectly the original chips architecture and no matter how hard you can try, you will never get the same sounds without those plugins. :smiley:

2. Sometimes there are “similar” plugins (like Strange Attractors from Nohmad and Caudal from Vult) that do not work the same (because of inner algorithms) way but in a “similar” way and yes, you can tweak and twerk ( :smiley: ) but I just wonder why I have to work 10x for a result when I could achieve the same result with one good module.

3. your assertion is clearly provocative and I think it’s OT but I am used (and amused! Pun intended! :smiley: ) to your kind of reaction. And no, in my point of view a “replacement” is not the original module/plugin (just hear the sounds to understand what I mean) so I don’t even have to try all the free/retail plugins to answer you. Unless Piong is totally, simply not replaceable.

4. last but not least, I simply like some plugins. SID Osc 64 is awesome. No matter what his author did, that plugin is excellent. And I can tell since I have “some” knowledge in chiptunes and retrocomputing.

I answered to your… “question”. :rofl:

2 Likes

vst host!

since that was a reaction to my comment, i meant a bit bridge to load 32-bits plugins into a 64-bits host. which is something vst host in rack cannot do. unless you use something like jbridge, which is far from perfect.

1 Like

As @ablaut pointed out… VST Host only load 64bit plugins.
Some of the VST I use for chiptune are 32bit.

There is a software called JBRIDGE that “make 32bit VST run on a 64bit host”. Here ----> https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

But then again I use other music softwares that are able to run 32bit VST and most of the things I use are 64bit so… :wink:

My prayers were answered :star_struck::heart_eyes:

I have to thank Peter Vos from Facebook, he pointed me the Github repo and here it is again!!

Byebye world! Again! :wink:

4 Likes

You’re welcome :smiley:

6 Likes