Need a volunteer to update Grayscale Algorhythm for v1.x release

@Vortico is busy working on Rack platform stuff right now so I’m looking for someone with dev experience to add a few missing features to the Algorhythm module and fix a couple of minor bugs. Then we can release a v1-compatible Grayscale plugin. This is a free plugin so the work is not paid, but I could trade an equal amount of design work.

If you’re unfamiliar with this plugin (because it’s never been updated for 1.x and has thus been out of circulation for some time), the plugin is a virtualization of my hardware Eurorack modules: https://grayscale.info

6 Likes

Hi Wes, I’d be interested in this if you have not found someone yet.

9 Likes

Thanks for the messages everyone, I think this is sorted.

3 Likes

Any time frame yet? Super excited to be seeing the Algorhythm back in action. Just watched a Mylarmelodies youtube where he went through a small system that featured the Algorhythm and it was very inspiring in the “do much with little” department.

Starting to use VCVrack was my introduction to modular (and synthesis in general) so modules like that just totally went over my head. It’s the sort of thing that I never quite manage to wrestle into my wheelhouse.

First of all I want to give @marc_boule a shout for being a total rockstar and going above and beyond the requirements here, helping to add some new features that aren’t even present on the hardware version. Algorhythm now does all the stuff I’ve ever wanted it to do and some of these changes might ironically find their way back into the physical module.

The Grayscale plugin seems to be ready for release, we just need to get the website and documentation updated before it’s available. Stay tuned.

22 Likes

That’s great news Wes!
@marc_boule is indeed a total rockstar, of the very humble and pleasant kind :guitar::man_dancing::grin:

3 Likes

Thanks Wes, it was a real pleasure contributing to this and an honor for me to have a small part in such a foundational plugin; it will be really nice to see the Grayscale plugin back in Rack! Cheers! :partying_face:

11 Likes

this is some good news :+1:

thanks to you Marc and Wes for the update, it will be highly appreciated

2 Likes