Nautilus, Sealegs and other AmbientSpace recreations in VCV Rack.

Thread created to move discussions from Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack to.

@ady34 - moving things here.

1 Like
1 Like

I am just uploading audio up to Soundcloud, this ‘my extreme plugin every cable I can’ into the Chronoblobs. Only the one sound source [FM OP].

Here’s the patch:

NautilusDev_2024-03-12b-my extreme messing.vcv (834.0 KB)

Stream NautilusDev 2024 - 03 - 12b - My Extreme Messing.8chan. by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

2 Likes

Here’s a first pass at a Buchla Easel patch that Felix Fleer demonstrated on YouTube this week. It’s a fresh take (to me) on Nysthi modules for Command Easel style of sounds. I opted to use the VCV oscillators and added keyboard tracking and a Juno style chorus as shared in one of Jakub Ciupinski’s YT videos.

2 Likes

I’ve reworked some of the controls and signal processing of my Sealegs interpretation and I think it is a bit more intuitive and reliable for the types of results that it is producing. There’s Tape, Digital and BBD (Hora Flux) now for delays.

1 Like

One thing I am not yet happy with is the BBD modulation. I will probably remove that as it is a bit out of character with the other two delay networks. I am also unconvinced about the final VCF (selected in red in my screenshot). I am conflicted about how characterful it should be. Probably a simple LP is fine, but some comments from folks who try it out would be appreciated. Cheers.

Well I have used this version and it sounds much more musical, Fog now works a lot better with the delays. All the delays sound good and the ‘red’ filter I changed to Multi tri pole mode and it adds a lot to the sound of the whole. So I’m happy!!

1 Like

Hi @ady34, Thank you for your feedback! One last tweak (maybe). I set the filter to Multi Tri Pole (I like its constant addition of character). I added an envelope follow for the modulation (just make sure to move the follower source when you connect it to the VCV Audio inputs. Then spent a while going over the way the noise is being handled. I am pretty happy with how it is behaving now. I also inverted the big delay rate knob output so that as you turn it to the right the rate goes up/faster (Chronoblob time delay goes left).

Now to roll it all into a Reason Combinator so I can use it. If anyone else uses Reason I would be happy to share the Combinator patch - just say so.

1 Like

I just found some significant miswiring of v5. Will fix. Please be patient.

1 Like

The more I watch the Intellijel videos on Sealegs the more impressed I am by how much has been packed into this tiny module. And how inadequate a replica what I have made is. Mine is certainly inspired by Sealegs, but can’t do a number of things which happen easily in the hardware form (from what I can tell by watching videos). What it can do is to be saved as a preset and be easily retrieved. There are some different character qualities that I’ve been able to find and I like them rather a lot.

There is now a range selector which will adjust the sensitivity of the L & R time faders. If you use this in conjunction with the rate knob set to 0.01, 0.10, of 1.00, you will find a nice range of adjustment for differing delay durations. Try it!

I had made some messy wirings with the sync to the delays accidentally driving the freeze. 4am patch sessions (first thing in the day) are not recommended for accurate results. I hope you find this an enjoyable version to mess about with.

1 Like

Well I have tried putting a sample in Sickocell sampler and got nothing out of it on this version. Where should I plug the sampler output into?

Have you tried connecting it into the Filter L/R inputs? image

Ok thanks, I’ll give that a go and see what happens.

As a nearly heretical thought: you should check out the new Ripley Space Delay (YouTube link) that is part of Reason 13. It has nearly everything I’ve tried to cram into my Sealegs interpretation and a few other goodies.