Nano Modules Random

There’s a new module in the Library: Nano Modules VCV Random.

What’s cooking? Any future collaboration on the horizon?

6 Likes

What’s the difference here actually?

1 Like

Presumably one of them is becoming a hardware module.

3 Likes

?GUI? … maybe …
:thinking:

It’s a little mysterious. The manual link takes you to their web site, that doesn’t mention it? But seems to be a hardware mfg?

1 Like

This is my guess is this as well. Maybe Nano licensed the VCV code for the hardware and there’s a rev share for hardware sales. Good approach if so.

1 Like

Almost certainly. It’s branded with the VCV logo, huge no go without permission.

I think (but am not certain) that’s it would be fine to use the source code (given the license). but as @contemporaryinsanity points out, it’s not ok at all to re-use the artwork and branding without permission.

Still nothing about this anywhere?

3 Likes

Nice!

And now Nano has a quick guide available on their site.

They have added an interesting twist to the stock VCV functionality:

Self-modulation

Thanks to a switch in the back of the module, you can normalize the LIN output to the 4 CV inputs and adjust the amount of modulation for each parameter with the attenuverters.

This adds another layer of randomness to your results, enabling more dynamic and unpredictable outcomes.

I totally missed that feature when looking at the new Nano module in VCV. The feature can be enabled in the module context menu.

I have always been surprised by the lack of public patches that feature the VCV Random. It is a very versatile random source, and I think a welcome addition to the physical Eurorack world.

4 Likes

VCV Fundamental modules are uniformly excellent.

1 Like

i guess it will fit :broccoli:

immagine

1 Like

This pic says: “I’m planning to receive a large inheritance soon…”

2 Likes

2 rows are already filled :wink:

1 Like

The DivKid review …

4 Likes

I really hope this gets the attention it deserves in the hardware world. The Random module is fairly unique in its capabilities in software modules, but I don’t know enough about hardware modules to know if it can find a niche. This certainly seems to be a good emulation in the hardware.

I did notice one thing about the software version of the Nano Module - just like the Audible Instruments modules it is described as a ‘Hardware Clone’, when in fact it is a software clone of a hardware module, which is itself a hardware clone of a software module. My brain hurts.

Oh maybe we need a new thread - What VCV Rack Modules do you want to see in Hardware? :grin:

1 Like