Mutable Instruments Ripples project

@AlrightDevices let us know if you need a beta tester - I have donated and I am on a Mac.

same here, but I’m on Win10 :wink:

Thanks for the offers to beta test! I don’t expect it will be necessary though, since the software won’t be very architecturally complex.

You da man!

this module will be under the audible instrument or allrightdevices brand ?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

haha yes, I realized after I ask

1 Like

Amazing News ! ! ! Any updates ? I am super excited !!!

1 Like

It’s nearly ready!

23 Likes

New to this forum so I’ll sensor myself but … f*ck yeah ! Something to look forward to after being locked up for weeks loosing a decade long job and 4k in 401k .

2 Likes

Audible Instruments Liquid Filter is now available on the VCV Library.

30 Likes

It’s polyphonic! :+1:

5 Likes

Ripples seems like a pretty simple module but being Mutable i assumed it would be a bit deeper than I thought. Unfortunately the only Youtube videos about it are sound samples. Any suggestions?

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/ripples/manual/ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s not really deep, it’s just a really clean/smooth sounding filter with resonance that doesn’t break your speakers or steal the low end of the input signal.

Now, Mutable Instruments Streams is deep. But we might do Shelves next if people are interested in another crowdfunding campaign.

7 Likes

I would definitely donate again to help fund! Though perhaps a gofundme page or similar would be appropriate to see where the donations are at. Perhaps extra funds could go towards more ports or some charitable donations with excess.

I’m not sure if GoFundMe is the right place for an open-source software project. It might not be against the rules, but it just doesn’t seem like an appropriate service to use. VCV isn’t a hospital, elementary school, or family needing to pay medical bills. Also, the only benefit is that users can see a progress meter for total donations. There are no service fees, but it’s not an escrow service. But since VCV is an established company (to VCV users at least), an escrow service isn’t really needed.

So probably the best thing to do is for me to build a web page (say at https://vcvrack.com/fundraiser) with a donation progress bar, a description of the current fundraiser project, and a US dollar box with a button that sends you to the same “VCV checkout site” that you use when purchasing premium Rack plugins from the VCV Library. What would everyone feel about that?

17 Likes

yes, in my experience it work good, the blender foundation has launch places like that in blender.org and it work perfect. build everything (the market, fundraiser , community , education etc) surrounding vcvrack.com is the best

What about a fundraiser for the missing grayscale modules or all this modules that were announced last summer? Just an idea?

2 Likes

Great idea, but why not keeping it simple and just repeating the same procedure as with the Ripples project? This would save development time for V2 and it just worked :slight_smile: