Done

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Done !

1 Like

:control_knobs:

1 Like

The funding goal has been achieved, so the Ripples DSP is now in development and should be available in at most 4 weeks. Further donations will be accepted until the original deadline is passed.

13 Likes

Done (before last post) Let’s do this again soon!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone for the support! I’m getting started right away.

24 Likes

Wow that was quick!

1 Like

Congrats Tyler, and thanks for making this endeavor open source!

3 Likes

Well, with a resonant filter, you have two choices. Either the level goes down everywhere but at resonance, and the level stays the same at resonance, or the level stays the same away from the resonant frequency but shoots up at the resonant frequency. Both have their drawbacks.

The resonance it always going to increase the relative level between the resonant freq and the rest of the passband. So some filters choose one extreme, some the other.

Over the years some synths have chosen an in-between compromise. The Rossum filter is the first one I’ve seen with an extra knob that lets you do either, or everything in between. So I stole that idea from him: https://github.com/squinkylabs/SquinkyVCV/blob/master/docs/filter.md

1 Like

Ripples actually takes the third choice, which is somewhere between the first two. A peaky resonance with a slight drop everywhere else.

1 Like

Seems like a good choice. Sounds like it’s going to be a nice filter.

how will be the name for this filter?

Audible Instruments Liquid Filter

9 Likes

Hi. Seeing the original intent has been achieved/funded by us as a group this quickly - can you clarify a) how much has been donated, and b) what will happen with these “further donations” over the original required amount ? As a precursor - I assume it would be used to either fund other VCV bits or going to you & AlrightDevices directly as a means of further payment for your ongoing work…both would be good/fair points and I don’t care much what (of the 2) it is - but funding statements/requests such as this should come with a bit more info & transparency, no…? Just my few cents.

I won’t announce the final amount for this fundraiser, but if VCV does future donation-based fundraisers, I hope to find a payment processing service that is better suited for fundraisers than PayPal.me that will, among other things, display a real-time total of donated funds while the fundraiser is active.

Further donations will be added to the payout for Alright Devices upon completion of the software.

5 Likes