Mutable Instruments Beads

Good stuff, added to my playlist.

Answering the question:

Wait so does that mean VCV rack will get a mutable instruments beads? Or

https://twitter.com/mutable_instrum/status/1363778663687274496

I love this guy.

Oh bugger that’d be an estimated time of around early 2022 to play with Beads in VCV Rack! Wonder if the other modules will get there soon, like Blades…

Blades is 100% analog so it’s not about porting the code in VCV. I guess it could happen as for the other analog modules with crowd funding campaign

Olival, have you heard anything on Beads being released for VCV Rack?

No idea, i don’t even know if Beads code was even released yet

Not last I checked (which was a few days ago).

It would be pretty bonkers if Beads for Rack was timed for free release with Rack V2 (imagine the Day 1 downloads!), although I doubt it.

Pure speculation: I gather that the chipocalypse has radically limited the number of Beads in the wild and Émilie may be (very reasonably) waiting to release the code and DIY information until she’s crossed a certain production threshold (in other words, the typical 6-month period may have been stretched out).

If that’s the case, maybe Audible Instruments Preview could come back for one final run. That thing raised a goofy amount of money for Direct Relief.

Émilie said that Beads’ source code won’t be released in 2021, same for the sources for Blades. I don’t have a direct link but it can be found in MI’s forum.

1 Like

Thanks! I lurk over there sometimes but had missed that.

Blades is fully analog, right? I guess the circuit diagram would be a better starting point for another fundraiser than a disassembled unit (right, @AlrightDevices?) And in any case that shouldn’t (and won’t) go forward without Émilie’s blessing.

At least if/when it happens we can finally use Blades in stereo (check the Blades specifications for a laugh)

Yes, fully analog.

1 Like

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/blades/open_source/

3 Likes

i dont know much about electronics but even with the released schematics, wouldn’t one still need to take measurements on the original hardware to make an accurate emulation?

Not when the module is digital, as are most of the Mutable Instrument modules

1 Like

i was talking about blades, which is analog

Gotcha - yes, in that case I should think some measurements would be in order. But I don’t have any practical experience with electronics either, so …

1 Like