Moog

I hope Moog gets involved somehow with some premium modules.

3 Likes

You can always, use @Omri_Cohen amazing videos of how to build different moogs

3 Likes

Agreed, and in particular I think it would be especially cool to see them take their digital Animoog engine and reimagine it as a VCV plugin.

2 Likes

Animoog is definitely high on that list… Might be less handy to manipulate but a decent control surface will sort that…

But I want the modules to look like Moog ones

1 Like

Refer to the vcv plugin ethics for why this would be problematic.

Also, why do they have to look any particular way? The sound is the whole point.

Also, if the work was done or sanctioned by the Moog company, wouldn’t that make that particular objection moot?

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

In fact, it depends your needs. I mean… if you want a strict & perfect Moog emulation (but in this case, what Moog model do you expect?), or just a “Moog-style” module(s) - like Arturia Modular V3 - for “near-realistic” sounding, or for sound design (aka pleasure to play with cable, knobs, buttons ), or… both!

Only original hardware owner and excellent C/C++/DSP developer can reproduce (modelling) the exact sound/behavior of original (by doing comparisons between software and his hardware) oscillators, filters, their imperfections… And for same model, every hardware have differences!

Agree. I’m sure that owners of multiple model D Minimoogs or modular systems with some duplication had favorites. (This one goes to eleven!)

1 Like