Modules: some downloads failed (solved)

yep, make it a minute and people would be a lot better off.

1 Like

I tried again now and both downloads were successful!

Had the same problem here, after several attempts, udating - restarting - updating again - restarting and so on, my installation got corrupted apparently, so it never would have fully solved the update process with the obligatory restart. So I decided to uninstall everything. after uninstalling and then re-installing VCV Rack2Free, everything showed up in the module browser without me having to hit update again.

Just for those like me who apparently got stuck in a vicious loop)))

Note that I previously also had the beta installed, which I removed in the process as well.

Looking at the steps towards the solution, I have a feeling the issues were down to people using my beta modules before the library version became available. Rack thought it already had the correct version installed. So yeah, deleting the Valley folder in Rack2/plugins will trigger a reinstall where Rack will then download the library version. Hopefully it should be plain sailing from now on.

1 Like

I have the same problem with some modules, someone suggested on me on FB to install the missing modules manually by downloading them directly from Github and copying then in the plugin folder. It worked for me for NYSTHI, wich is great already ! but not I couldnā€™t find the rest on GitHubā€¦ thanks for explaining this with the 10 sec update limit, it totally make sense. hope there will be a solution for this. but still great that V2 is out and thanks to all the Devs who are doing an amazing job !

my installation for your modules stops for me at 30-50%. ive tried several times, and i dont have any beta modules to confuse the systemā€¦ if no one knows what is wrong, or how to fix it, i will just be patience and try it again now and then

Hello, having same issue hereā€™s the ones that are just spinning to nowhere, every time I update: Also where has the Nysthi 4/8 Channel recorder gone? Also please could someone direct me to the direct Nysthi plugin, thank you.

Modules not updated yet

Iā€™m actually unsure what to suggest other than doing a clean install. On my test machine (macOS) I made a clean install of V2 (no Rack2 folder in my documents folder either) and it downloaded my modules just fine, including all the others Iā€™m subscribed to where available.

So Iā€™m wondering if this is a server issue with V2? I donā€™t see how my modules would be downloaded any differently since they are being hosted from the same place as everyone elseā€™s. I donā€™t handle that, I just submit the latest stable snapshot of my code to the library team.

Iā€™m having some similar issues with the updater. NYSTHI, OhmerPrems and Valley are all having updater issues. I should notice that some others took 2-3 tries to get a completed update, but these are refusing to clear up the tag on the updater.

System: H-P Z420 w/ Xeon E5-1650v2 @ 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM.

@valley.audio @Lugia Guys, the problem with downloads, as @slimechildaudio already explained, is the 10 second limit. Yesterday on Rack 2 Free I managed to download all modules, including those that failed. I bought Rack 2 Pro and had the same problems again, the list increased to 4-5 brands.

Just a little luck, you need to find the moment when the connection is fastest and download everything smoothly (if you donā€™t want to do a manual installation)

It is useless to think about the operating system, the ram, the cpu, or the server problems ā€¦ Mine is not a computer, itā€™s a toy: Intel Celeron, 2gb of ram :slight_smile: The server is always the same, for some people it works, for others it doesnā€™t, in some moments it works, in others it doesnā€™t: because the real problem is that 10-second limit. Those who do not have a fast and stable connection with an ethernet cable maybe (I am connected with the wifi to the 4G of the smartphone) must be a bit lucky to respect those 10 seconds.

1 Like

2 Likes

I confirm. I just downloaded the missing modules, especially Valley took over 10 seconds and finished the download.

Link to the changelog:

Is there a seperate changelog for VCV Rack 2 Pro ?

I think thereā€™s just the one changelog

1 Like

Rack Free and Pro are the exact same program. They are updated together, edited together, so there is only one changelog. The only difference is the lack of the VST in Rack Free.

The Rack Free and Pro executable binaries are a little different, possibly the window caption is the difference.

Not a shocking difference, the software is the same anyway. What you can do on Free, you can do on Pro and vice versa, leaving out the VST.

1 Like

they fixed the issue with the 10 sec thing. and also: sorry valley if it seemed like i was slandering you for that problem. take care<3

1 Like