Module ideas

definitely a fan of the Lindenberg stuff and bbd delays.

1 Like

Update- I asked @clone45 to add this feature to Voxglitch XY and he replied with update .

In version 1.11 you have tablet mode. :smile:

I’ve implemented this in SubmarineFree v1.1.2

3 Likes

Nice! Easy 16-operator FM:

4 Likes

Here a link to SubmarineFree version 1.1.2:

Very fast, now its version 1.1.3 :rofl:

Has anyone tried replicating the Pendulum/Ratchet in a vcv rack module?

Is this a specific hardware module? If not then Nysthi has a ratchet, as does repelzen.

It’s a 3rd party buchla module from back in the day. It’s a clock, clock divider and another counting utility:

http://www.eardrill.com/modules/PendulumRatchet/

I was asking before I continued work on replicating it as best as I can as I never owned one.

1. This thread is for module ideas, not development progress or “does <hardware module> exist in Rack?”.
  2. That violates the VCV Plugin Ethics Guidelines so it cannot be distributed on the VCV Library.

Thanks for the info, I apologise.

1 Like

This is pretty interesting. Is there any reason why I can’t use CV-Map to control the individual knobs?

Yes I’m afraid there is.

<technical_explanation>

In order to keep the processing fast, these knobs do not control parameters as vcv understands them. There is an array of 256 floating point values, and these array elements are directly accessed by the knobs. The CV-Map tools interact directly with module parameters, and so only the output width knob can be controlled that way.

</technical_explanation>

1 Like

Why not just cache the 256 param values every 64 frames or something?

Because I didn’t think of it. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, if I do that to enable CV-map to work, then I also introduce a lag if someone does use CV-map.

I’ll put it on my to-do list as a maybe.

64 frames is ~1ms so stepping is inaudible. You could probably even get away with 512 frames = 10ms = 100Hz, which is still audio-rate.

1 Like

Okay, I didn’t really understand all of that (don’t worry). Would the situation described make it impossible to have a polyphonic cv input for each channel? I don’t even really understand what the module does other than I tried Andews patch upthread and I thought it would make a good subject for trying to replicate guitar sounds and part of that is using ADSR to simulate the detuning of strings.

I don’t really understand what you want to do with it.

If I do what Andrew suggests, then you could use CV-map to cv the parameters. But you would need 256 CV inputs to fully control it.

I meant one cv per row. Then, if each is polyphonic and each channel addresses a separate knob within it’s row, you could control all 256 parameters.

Don’t worry, I didn’t explain it very clearly.