Modular Djent

What the hell, why not? :laughing: I can’t quite get the “djent”" part right yet though.

Modular Djent 1.vcv (20.1 KB)

4 Likes

Nice! Is that from the new Meshuggah album?

2 Likes

Well Meshuggah is the definitely the inspiration. But the sequence is random.

2 Likes

I’ve tried guitish textures before but with varying results. The waveform never sounds chaotic enough.

Yes, I’ve noticed trying to sculpt a realistic guitar tone that it is next to impossible. I just add alot of distortion to disguise it. But clean tones are another ball game completely.

You can try using “real” guitar signal chains. I added a cabinet IR that I use daily to your patch, and it sounds a lot closer (although the original is pretty good). If you are not against samples (to replace oscillators), I think it can get close to 85%.

1 Like

Here is a fun web djenerator (ok…) that I like to play with: djen.co

2 Likes

That’s really cool. Thanks @Letheward . Yeah I was just goofing around really. I know that synthesis will never replace a real guitar cabinet setup, plus there is so much more to it, such as playing technique, etc. I’m really interested in the composition of the riffs though. As I can only dream of playing like that, it is fun to mimic it in software, and VCVs routing makes it even more fun.

1 Like