MindMeld Announcements: MixMaster

done

2 Likes

Paul and Stephan - thank you! makes such a difference when people actually do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many thanks!

Looks really useful and very nicely designed. I like these huge, luxurious modules.

3 Likes

Love it. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Here’s a select features overview video :slight_smile:

And a start template to get you going for anyone needing it, have fun!
https://patchstorage.com/eurikon-mixmaster-starter-template/

8 Likes

This is really great work!

3 Likes

Holy crap! This is so good. Donation on it’s way.

2 Likes

Awesome demo of the features, and btw the music is great !!!

3 Likes

Great plugin and great demo. Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Just watched the demo video and it looks like there is everything in there, that one could wish for. :slight_smile: …one question appeared while watching : It was mentioned, that the master fader has soft clipping. I guess, this means all other faders will clip at 0 db ?
Only making sure, that the picture below is not an mixing option… :wink:

Cheers Olival!

1 Like

I just played with this too after @Omri_Cohen’s livestream :grinning:
Very nicely done @marc_boule and @steve :+1::+1:
However, it does take up a lot screen real estate and I ask if a 4 and/or 8 channel variant will become available?
Regardless, it’s a sexy mixer!! :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I cut my teeth on dBase! Fond memories :slight_smile:

1 Like

This will be in the manual, but 0dB on the track VUs means 5V, but on the master fade it’s different and 0dB is 10V. So since 10V is the absolute maximum, a track will clip above +6dB but master will clip above 0dB when in hard clip mode.

In soft clip mode it is a bit more subtle than this for the master, since the VU is pre-soft-clip: this makes it such that a 12V signal (+1.6dB) reaching the master will be chopped at 10V.

So the picture you show is definitely not a mixing option, but just one track at +6dB on a track VU would technically be ok if nothing else is being mixed!

2 Likes

Oh, cool! I first ran dBaseII on CPM running on an Apple IIe clone :slight_smile: Then upgraded to an IBM PC clone, twin floppy.

Please note - a bug was reported in the release yesterday that caused some channels with active filters not to play when opening one patch from another. This has now been fixed so please download the latest version if you downloaded on Saturday. (Thanks to @Eurikon for the bug report!)

3 Likes

funkybot - if your initials are CR then thank you very much!

Yep, that’s me. Thanks to you guys!

Thanks @funkybot , super appreciated!