Mindmeld and polyrec64 multitrack recording help.

I am finally getting around to trying out multi track recording, and find this method way less painful than the lilac looper, but still have one main issue.

I am happy with the stereo pairs that come out of the one through eight and the nine through 16 outputs, but would much prefer the group/aux to be a copy of those outputs with send effects (wet only). This would allow better editing in a daw.

Is there a way to do this, that still employs the use of mindmeld send workflow that i have missed? Any other ideas?

This is not possible with a normal send effect. Take Plateau on AuxA for example, with 16 tracks using it though sends. The stereo pair output of Plateau has all the effects of the 16 tracks implicitly mixed in its outputs, and it’s impossible to have each wet aux effect isolated for each track. The way to get what you want would be to have 16 Plateaus, in this example, on each track, and not use a send effect.

2 Likes

This totally makes sense. It seems i may just have to move away from send effects for recording actual tracks (with my workflow in mind)