Milkrack: Old Skool Winamp visuals in your Rack

Well, of course there’s nothing “wrong” with it. But usually no-one intentionally is the “last to market”. It’s so much effort to make something like this (free VCV module), that you would really like to get some “payback” by having people use it.

At one point I was thinking of making an SFZ player, but someone announced they were working on it, so I didn’t do it. They gave up, but someone else announced they were doing it, so again I didn’t. Then the second dev dropped out I finally made one. I for sure would not have made one if there were already one in the library.

Since we’re on the topic of being first to market, as the original plugin author, I just want to state that I’m not active in the VCV world anymore and I have no plans to update this plugin myself.

I may be able to review PRs, but I’d rather hand off the ownership of this plugin to someone who has time to make it thrive.

Thanks,

4 Likes

I can do but I know @Ahornberg asked for it. I have the code that will port your module to v2. I also have added more functionalities that can be added. I am also open to make it a shared project with @Ahornberg if that is supported in vcv land.

3 Likes

I think as long as you made a shared repo just for this it would be fine. After all, there are plugins out there made by multiple people (Geodesics, Frequency Domain, etc…).

1 Like

The latest version by @robert.kock now runs on Wondows. See:

Nothing more for me to do here :sunglasses:

4 Likes