MIDI 2 CV and Mouse MIDI port

The patch is in attachment, and in patchstorage.com : MIDI mouse controlling effects - V1 | Patchstorage

A first démo is also available : https://youtu.be/ktCnWbMTIJA

MIDI mouse controlling effects - V1.vcv (9.1 KB)

Other ideas are of course welcome! Other tests are coming of course ;o)

2 Likes

How can we make calculus like this 128* x with basic modules in VCV Rack? Can’t find such a modules… Alain

Maybe BASICally ? Or do I not understand the question ?

1 Like

That seams to be perfect as usual :grinning: I will study this module because I need this type of calculator in my toolkit…

Thank you! Alain

1 Like

And I’m sure after having a look at the documentation that could help me in generating Sysex series in MIDI port.

1 Like

Can’t find a way to calcul this h14 bits value, even with Stochastic Telegraph BASICally. I have to return to the MIDI technical spec!

Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve?
https://xyproblem.info

Thank you for your message. I just try to understand MIDI stuff around VCV Rack. Different inputs, output, modules (including yours!), interfaces between MIDI controllers and VCV.

But I have some difficulties to construct something with the 14 bits values. I understand the concept, but I can’t have a patch which create some values (LFO, CV from a knob, binary or hexa values, etc.), manipulate it, sens it thru MIDI, and decode it on the other side. I have values on the other side, but they are not the right one.

By this time, I discover many new great module in VCV!

Typically my example with 14 bits mouse. At the output on the other side, I can’t get a 14 bits with VCV’s modules…

If you have an exemple… :slightly_smiling_face: Regards. Alain

Please forgive me if this is redundant or no longer accurate, but this very old topic addresses the historical complexity of supporting 14-bit messages.

2 Likes

ppl here tell me it’s not longer ambiguous, but I don’t know if the midi spec was modified, or of there is some unwritten convention that disambiguates it.

1 Like

Reading… Thank you! Alain

1 Like

Thanks to your link, I fount an important and precise explanation in this response. From @ Schabbes. I’ll test that tomorrow morning :smiley:

Thank you for this clue! Alain

2 Likes

What a huge exchange!

1 Like