Member Introductions šŸ˜ƒ

333/5000

Hi all! My name is Esteban and I am from Argentina :blush:. I love vcv rack, the music has no limits! I am very grateful to all the people responsible for this beautiful project and its modules. And users who do wonderful things with it and contribute ideas. I have a lot to learn but I love being overwhelmed with so many possibilities.

14 Likes

Hello all! I disappeared about 2 yrs ago. I bought an electric guitar Sept/2018 and applied most of my time learning to play! I can say today I ainā€™t too bad now! Anyway, I came across this today and thought Iā€™d share it here.

Win One Of Three Classic Moog Synths  2020 Trifecta Raffle

The raffle is open through September 28, 2020 at 11:59pm (ET) or when all tickets are sold. Tickets are $25 each, 5 for $100, 12 for $200, and 35 for $500. Proceeds go to supporting the Foundationā€™s mission. The latest raffle features three vintage Moog synthesizers: a Moog Rogue; a Moog Prodigy; and a Moog Source.

Iā€™m getting a couple!

Also, I read about Korgā€™s ARP 2600 release the day after it was announced. I scoured the net and none was to be found. I am stalking Uliā€™s sites everyday. Not going to miss out on BARP. And about guitars, I am in the planning phase of putting together a modular pedalboard!! Those pedals sold just donā€™t do it for me.

1 Like

yeah you should open a discussion about this raffle

ā€¦btw iā€™m waiting for Mr. Uli to release the bs-80 and the bhynti as well :crazy_face: probably will not buy them, but the bs-80 could be a dream come trueā€¦

1 Like

Hi there! I think I never introduced myself, and since I just changed my name I thought it might be a good time to introduce myself.

Iā€™m Schabbes, 35, living in the middle of Germany. I occasionally dabbled with music software since my youth, made some hiphop beats for a group of friends around 10-12 years ago and am experimenting and synthesizing on and off ever since.

The last 3 years or so VCV Rack has become my main tool to make music, and since 1 year or so I try to make partially experimental live sessions with it. Besides that I sometimes make half-finished tracks somewhere between TripHop and Soundtrack.

You might know me from here or Soundcloud as MaZe 6000, but I wanted to change that name for a while now, and Schabbes is kind of my real name and somewhat fitting, at least because I need to have a lot of rest to function :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Welcome to Schabbes as a new born :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello Rackpeople,

Iā€™ve been playing with VCV Rack on and off for the past few years. Since the pandemic hit, more ā€œonā€ than ā€œoff.ā€

A long time ago now, I used to make more music, more publicly. I used to study composition with James Tenney and Martin Arnold, and improvisation with Casey Sokol. Since then I havenā€™t stopped making and thinking about music thatā€™s ā€œexperimental;ā€ Iā€™m excited that Rack puts within close reach a lot of experiments that used to be harder to do.

Iā€™ve also learned to appreciate techno, especially the minimal/dub-influenced subgenres. Rack seems to offer a way to scratch this itch, too.

Finally, by day I do plenty of open-source software development, and itā€™s nice to see a community around Rack that shares those values.

See you around the boards, and/or on Patchstorage!

Dan Friedman

Toronto, Canada

11 Likes

Bienvenue :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

maybe they could make one what only weights 100 pounds!

Seriously, thought, that thing was completely packed by custom ICs made by yamaha. Donā€™t know how that could recreated in anything like its original form.

I donā€™t think it will weigh more than 30kg, but I stopped following internet rumors (for everything) almost 1 year agoā€¦

reverse engineering is not that rocket science :wink:

one day we will see :alien:

Colin here from Colorado, USA. Iā€™m just getting back into music as Iā€™ve been on and off the last 10 years, and on hiatus for about 3 years. I just discovered what modular synths are and all about and Iā€™m super interested in working with vcv rack and hopefully building/acquiring pieces for a euro rack soon.

9 Likes

welcome !!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Matt and Iā€™m from Australia. Iā€™ve primarily been a guitarist for most of my life, with a bit of bass in more recent times.

Iā€™m not competent new to synthesis, but modular is not something Iā€™ve tackled before. I always thought it was out of my reach due to the cost, even software options. And then I just recently discovered VCV Rack! Now another adventure begins. Itā€™s addictive even if I donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing yet.

8 Likes

Welcome fellow Aussie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Matt, good to see another Aussie getting on board! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Josh here (I produce and perform as NarcoTerror) currently in Chicago, by way of NYC, by way of Belfast, San Diego and NYC(originally)again. Very excited, chuffed and up te high doh to have stumbled upon this community, let alone Rack itself, and as well as introduce myself, I really wanted to say that. Whilst many cats, on YouTube and subsequently in the world, have eschewed DAWs and plug ins and the like, I have set out to prove that DSP, while sometimes not as fun, sounds just as good as hardware. And not only because I canā€™t afford to buy back the Buchla system and Akai samplers and junos that I sold 20 years ago for f@#$inā€™ pennies when some punter FINALLY had emulated analog distortion and clipping, when it had sounded like a Merzbow record for years prior, and no one had any more use for hardware. Anyway, before I go on and on, thanks for having me. I think I will try to program my first module!

Thanks Again, Josh

12 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since I saw the logo you use as an avatar. I have Stations of the Crass on vinyl ā€¦ I was there when they did a benefit for Peace News ā€¦ so long ago ā€¦

Welcome here :upside_down_face:

Hi! Denis from France here, Iā€™m the developper of Stalys plugin and also a composer, visual artist, experimenter. I love VCV for the flexibility and experiment it allows me!

12 Likes

Welcome - and what a great way to introduce yourself with a new module!

1 Like

bienvenue !!!

1 Like

Ouiā€¦ voilĆ , bienvenue :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like