Member Introductions 😃

Jumped some years ago from Italy to Berlin.
I am a software developer and a music hobbyist.
I was always fascinated about EuroRack, however I never had the chance, space and time to try it! :joy:
Hope to learn something from this forum about VCVRack at the speed of light!

Thank you for this opportunity to play with VCVRack
Which is, of course, a mind-blowing piece of software, you rock!

Cheers,
Marco

5 Likes

Hey rackheadz, happy to be here, I’m Steph Mus from FB. VCV is my first real encounter with modulars.
I’ve done software betatesting for many VST companies and I have done presets for some companies,
as Fabfilter, U-He… usually I use my nick “rsmus7” for music related stuff.
I’m really enjoying VCVrack and I hope we all will have a great time using it and have a lot of fun with it.
Many thanks Andrew for making all this possible.

8 Likes

Espen from Oslo, Norway. One of the regulars in the FB group, I think. Keyboardist, musician, producer. Have done a lot of work in the prog rock and metal world, but always enjoyed electronics a lot, so I was drawn to Rack eventually. I have a synth obsession, and this is easily the best software “synth” I’ve ever used.

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Christoph and I live in Colorado.

I have a EE degree and have been working as a software developer for a long time. As a DIY enthusiast, I like to build things and VCV Rack is a perfect way to combine my passion for music with building new and interesting ways to create music. I am especially interested in integrating VCV Rack with the hardware world and vice versa.

I am a member of various VCV Rack teams on Github and help review and maintain submissions to the community plugin repository.

I develop my own VCV Rack modules as modular80.

11 Likes

Hi all, my name is Nedim, i live in NYC. Keyboard player and mostly Sound Designer
Audio Engineer for the last 25 years. Worked for Korg, Ketron and NI in the Past.
I also own a lot of Eurorack and 5U Modulars and other Modular stufffor the last 25 years.
Started with VCV Rack recently but did not have hard time based on my Modular experience.
I hope i get the help i need and give the help i can in here.
I have also been a Beta Tester for many things.
Many people know me as BasariStudios on many forums and Nedim Zengovski on FB.
My Modular work is mostly East Coast based and my biggest influence is Jean Michel Jarre,

Thanks

6 Likes

Hey all, Pat from Edmonton AB Canada (I’m only at 53.5° Lat, so not too far North…)

Diploma in Music (Performance in Voice and Guitar), dropped out of Civil Engineering Technology.

Between my Neurodivergence, Mental Health issues, and being diagnosed with both Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the last couple years, my fledgling interest in synths looked to be limited to DIY Altoids tin stuff and my Korg Volcas, until I found VCV Rack in 0.5.0 (December 2017). Now, the world of sound is my oyster. :grin:

I produce music as Patman !

I host a weekly radio show on CJSR.com 88.5 FM (Tuesdays 00:00 GMT-7) titled The Heaviest Matter of the Universe, where I play metal and more, focusing on a different country each week!

I’m also the Lead and Maintainer of the manual writing project for @synthi 's NYSTHI!

7 Likes

Hey yall.
I’m Ofer Smilansky, been going around by a few names… Albert Rasputin on Facebook. Love the rack, been in it since early on.
I do electronic music, always on the experimental side of life, both in the outcome and the process. Started with reaktor back in the days, went through a eurorack phase, but always prefered the computers over hardware. It’s not a statement about what is better, it just fits my workflow better. Long live vcv!

5 Likes

Hello folks !
I live in France and compose acousmatic & computer music.
VCV Rack is a fabulous tool that helps me a lot in my research in sound synthesis. With its thousand modules, it allows incredible experiments…
Thanks to the fantastic developers of this community !
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Greg (otherwise known as Mubali)
I’m a psychedelic trance producer based in California, currently attending UC San Diego as an Interdisciplinary Computing and the Arts Major here. I’ve been interested in modular synthesis for many years now after being exposed to Doepfer and some friends who were doing Eurorack, however financials prevent me from jumping down that rabbit hole currently.

Vcv Rack has been a wonderful tool to create ideas that I use in my compositions. I also like to use this as a teaching tool for teaching synthesis concepts.

Eventually, I would like to develop a module or two to add to the community, but I’m not very good at programming in the traditional sense. I have developed several max for live devices and have a pretty good understanding of both Pure Data and Max/MSP, but I suck at coding.

7 Likes

hi my name is mycose, i’m from france.
Happy to be there thanks for all.
See you soon

4 Likes

guten tag! :slight_smile:
i am aleks from cologne/germany. i like cats, swimming and sleeping. i also like hard techno music and armenian folksongs. i manage some creative commons labels, make videos and enjoy cooking rice. i mainly use software to make music but i also have a small modular rig (mainly for instagram to impress chicks). i will leave one link here: //zimmer-records.org

5 Likes

Evening from the UK - Zero here, Been playing with Rack and on the FB group since version 0.4 - I think,
I like the forum Andrew - same style as the Manjaro forum, so I’m right at home.

4 Likes

Hello, i’m joe! I am a musician from Italy. I use vcv rack everyday, in my compositions and studies. I don’t talk too much but i love this community and soon i’ll share some finished works!

4 Likes

YOU ARE TOP!!! @Patman

2 Likes

My name is Mason and I too live in East Tennessee. I’ve been making horrendous noise for decades and have used VCV since v0.3. Thank you developers for these tools from one who’s always wanted to work with Eurorack but never to spend that amount of money.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m henry from Toronto, Canada.

I make minimal wave/ebm inspired dark techno. Well to say I “make” it is quite an overstatement. I start then get lost in sound design. Which is completely fine with me. Been using Rack since the beginning and am constantly amazed at the community that has developed around this great product.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Jonathan, from Canada.
Started with music with computers really and have been moving into hardware more and more over the years. Found Rack when Andrew mentioned it on Muffs and have been using it ever since. Mainly just on a Surface Pro while I’m binging netflix on my couch.
Good to be here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My name is Adi, living in Chicago & back to school at Rush University for Vascular Ultrasound. Always loved making music as a hobby, played sax, guitar, dj’d house/techno/d&b/hiphop, was a Reason user back when it first came out, then Logic until it no longer supported Windows, then Ableton. But I never fully understood synthesizers & sound design past presets and the occasional modulation of a cutoff knob or an adsr until VCV Rack came out and forced me to think in new and exciting ways about music. Now my daw collects dust, full on addicted to VCV and modular synthesis, and i’m ready to drop a small fortune on some eurorack gear one day. However, I still don’t think i’ve found my modular identity yet, so have just been doing random genres to learn different techniques over the past year from everyone in the facebook group who i’ve grown to admire along with all the developers who make this new love in my life possible. And geez, this forum looks amazing, thanks Andrew and contributors!

6 Likes

Hi All
I am Brett aka Axell on FB. Very new to VCV but loving it! I live in Wales where it always rains, so plenty of indoor time! I am a senior lecturer in Computer science/Media Production and Games Development when I stumbled upon VCV , researching software for my students to use for their up and coming modules. I have been a bass player in my youth but Modular synth music has always fascinated me but never had the opportunity to buy or use the equipment. This has now given me the opportunity :smile: I look forward to being creative and have been blown away by the help received and the fantastic compositions that I’ve heard from the community…

Thanks to all for your help and especially Andrew Belt for this wonderful software

6 Likes

HI, i’m raffaman.
I support vcv rack from the beginning, when it was a very little but promising community and new born project. I live in Italy, Rome. My music style goes from reggae, dub and lounge music, but with a huge love and passion for electronic music, in particular for ambient, drone music. A think that modular environment is special for this kind of music, and VCV rack opened a new world of possibilities: I learnead a lot in the last year and community, video tutorials, patch e the energy of this wonderful group is amazing. GO VCV RACK GO
Happy Patching

PS: in andy is interested i have also experience as community moderator: i’d like to be useful and help this community to grow.

6 Likes