I set out to fiddle with an idea involving mashing up a few existing modules from two developers (namely Squinky Labs and Bogaudio). So, I started with the following steps:
- Clone BogaudioModules and SquinkyVCV repositories
- Create new plugin using helper.py
- Copy modules from the cloned repositories to the new plugin’s source directory
- Follow the chains of included header files (for these two source plugins, there are many) from the copied modules, and likewise copy them into matching directories in the new plugin
- Copy all relevant lines from source plugins’ main header file and source file (bogaudio.hpp/cpp and Squinky.hpp/cpp into a new plugin.hpp/cpp
- Copy relevant lines from source plugins’ makefiles into a new makefile
- Check to see if the new plugin compiles
The result is a long stream of errors from the compiler mostly related to the fact that it seems to be failing to include math.h for both plugin files and included Rack files.
Other plugins compile fine for me, including both BogaudioModules and SquinkyVCV.