Massive Catastrophic Audio Mangling In Ableton Live 11.0.12

hi! I just bought vcv rack pro and i love how its an affordable entry into modular sound design workflows. however, it doesnt work for me. I need this to be a serious plugin. and whenever i try to record [what i have created by pressing record, and arming a resample track; it turns to distorted metallic unpredictable bitcrushed noise that almost sounds cool if it wasnt every time i try to play back midi thru vcv or record a patch in ableton. pleaseeeee help me i really want this software to work as it is very exciting to finally be able to get into modular workflows. (and i just spent 100+ dollars LOL) any help is appreciated, im running ableton live 11.0.12, mac osx 10.15.7 on a 2.3 ghz 8 core i9 16 inch macbook pro from 2019 w 16 gigs of ram, and 1tb flash storage. focusrite interface. empty project besides vcv rack. 2048 buffer size. tried both 44100 and 48000 sample rates, with both lined up correctly w the sample rates inside vcv. using the plink oscillator and all stock fundamental modules i think, besides a stereo 8 channel mixer maybe. let me know if you need anymore information

thank you, Rin