Marc Boulé's Impromptu music thread

Ça mérite une double sauvergarde…

Oui! Surtout que j’ai pas implanté de “undo” dans Foundry…

1 Like

Oohh, that’s nice Marc! Wonderful piece.

1 Like

Thanks Lars! I tried to follow the “do no harm” mantra… what can one really add to such a nice composition :slight_smile:

Arvo Part’s Fur Alina, but with a twist near the end :slight_smile: For those wondering what a Steinway sounds like through a grunge pedal, this might not be too far off!

10 Likes

Fanboy tribute to Caterina Barbieri’s beautiful music. For the minimalists at heart :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Cool version :slight_smile:

1 Like

YES!! One of my favorite pieces of music in later years, so good. This is a really cool patch and great sequencing Marc, wonderful version from you, lots of creative stuff going on there, really well done, love it!

2 Likes

Thanks Lars! It took a while to put together and practise it before getting it right, but her music is so inspriring, it was a labour of love :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Took a small coding break from the upcoming MindMeld module, and cooked this up. It’s called the Gauss Piano. Hope you like it!

15 Likes

Beautiful, @marc_boule. I imagine that your fingers were quite tired by the end! :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, and you should see the sheet music! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Parfaite maîtrise musicale des séquenceurs, Marc :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My Gauss Piano piece is up for nomination in this year’s Pianoteq contest! :slight_smile: If you like the piece and want to support a fellow Rackhead and make some noise for VCV Rack, I’d appreciate a vote (no login required). Of the 70 videos that were submitted in the contest, it was the only one featuring Rack. Cheers!

Update: finsihed in 8th place. Thanks to those who took the time to vote :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Done! And this deserves a post of its own :slight_smile:

1 Like

J’aurai bien triché pour augmenter les votes… mais je ne suis pas comme ça :blush: Très belle compo, Marc.

1 Like

Merci @Marc_Brafman and @Eurikon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

I voted for you too :+1:

1 Like

Voted.

That’s a very interesting technique. Of the pieces I listened too, yours was my favorite!

1 Like