I apologise for the bugs and hope it is all fixed in the March 4th update. I have also updated my manual on my personal website https://madzine.work/
For debugging the new Manual module I am planning to create introductory videos for all modules.
I apologise for the bugs and hope it is all fixed in the March 4th update. I have also updated my manual on my personal website https://madzine.work/
For debugging the new Manual module I am planning to create introductory videos for all modules.
Here’s the manuals.
Thank you very much for these manuals. They’re very helpful. And I like your modules
Thank you, this means a lot to me. I’m recently making some combination of Uni Rhythm and MADDY+ into iOS app/AU plugin. Id like to know what functions people would like to have?
I uploaded my Claude Code AI agent and skill for making VCV Rack and Metamodule modules. feel free to feed them into your AI if anyone needed ![]()
MADZINE v2.5.2 released
Small maintenance release:
auto-pan output
across 17 modules in English / 繁體中文 / 日本語
No new modules. Available via VCV Library once built.
Source: GitHub - mmmmmmmadman/MADZINE-VCV: MADZINE VCV Rack Plugin · GitHub
— MAD
To be honest I would prefer if you slowed down with the new and took some time to go over your plugin and give it some much needed polish and love.
You have quite a large collection already, and while you keep putting out new modules several broken plugins seem to be left in limbo. Which is a shame - you have some great ideas for modules several of which have the potential to become goto’s for me.
You have a wonderful rhythm module that fails to update the selected instrument set without touching a decay knob. A wonderful sounding kick with an accent input that for some reason mutes the output when gated. Then there’s that module who’s name escapes me but whose cluster of ports jammed into the bottom quarter of the module stops me in my tracks to stare every time it scrolls by.
To be blunt I’m not sure how these even made it into the Library. I don’t want to use the term “AI slop” here but this isn’t a trend I want to see more of flooding the library.
For now I’ve decided to pass on the entire plugin. I’m keeping it installed because I really do like what you are doing as a concept and would love to be able to use many of your modules. I dont have a problem with your using AI - that’s amazing. However I do feel like maybe slowing down and taking the time to tidy things up could really help elevate the collection to legendary status.
Sorry if this isn’t what you want to hear, I only say it because I care
.
Cheers.
Hello,
Thank you so much for this feedback, it’s exactly what I needed to hear.
I’ve already fixed the Kick accent issue. It was muting the output when the gate was low. Now it works as a proper TR-808 style accent affecting volume, pitch sweep depth, and drive.
As for the rhythm module, I spent some time digging through the code but couldn’t reproduce the bug you described. The modules with both built-in sounds and instrument/style selection are UniRhythm, UniversalRhythm, and Drummmmmmer. Could you let me know which one you were using, and ideally what steps trigger it? That would help me fix it properly instead of guessing.
And yes, I’ve reached the point where I’m stepping back from releasing new modules (my most recent release was just a manual module) and focusing on polishing and fixing the existing ones. It will take time, but I won’t let them sit broken.
Thanks again for caring enough to say this. It genuinely helps.
Cheers
any news on updates?