Looking for two polyphonic utilities

For some very common combinations I’d like to reduce the space and the number of cables needed. Do you know by chance any basic utility doing these things?

Case 1: to quickly mute a few channels of an incoming polyphonic signal (and use the rest only)

Case 2: to change the order of the channels in the polyphonic signal (and find alternative use for the same set). Ideally the solution could be this simple I just don’t find it anywhere.

I’ve already checked 2100 modules in the Library but I assume the ones I’m looking for should be among the remaining 100. :nerd_face: Thanks in advance for guiding me to the right pages!

Just did a search for “polyphonic mute” in the library, and immediately came up with

1 Like

Yes, I’ve also looked for something similar. I believe there’s one for attenuating signals, and I know there’s one that works as an insert (which could work for re-patching). I’ll see if I can find them and post for you.

One utility (or set) I really wish to see is for working with polyphonic stereo signals. Different modules assume different ordering for stereo pairs, and it’s a pain to break stereo pairs in & out of a polyphonic cable with multiple stereo signals in it.

2 Likes

Obviously CM PolyMute was the 2101st in the list. :blush: Not much smaller but clearly more transparent. It’s the one I need for “case 1”. Thank you @DaveVenom

The module I was thinking of is from Stoermelder, which isn’t yet available in V2 AFAIK: INFIX/uINFIX and AFFIX/uAFFIX. Inserts and attenuators for polyphonic signals, respectively.

EDIT: there’s also “Roly Pouter” by Computerscare that looks like it does exactly what you’re looking for in Case 2, but I haven’t tried it myself.

1 Like

Tie-you-over builds here:

Thank you @trevormeier. Roly Pouter is indeed what I was looking for. It’s ugly as sin but it does exactly what I need for “case 2”!

2 Likes