Looking for beta testers for Alright Devices v2

Thanks so much for this, Tyler! I’m testing things right now, and Chronoblob2 seems to work as expected. About T-Wrex, there’s a weird behavior with the Chomp CV input. When sending negative voltage (higher than -5v), there are still noises happening, even when the knob is still all the way left. There are also clicks and pops when turning the knob. About ZZZORB, I’m not so sure if that’s a feature but when connecting something to the pitch input, the VCA is not working through the filter outputs so there’s no sound other than the resonance. Other than this, things look like they work as expected. The port labels are great, and even the bypass feature is working. Thanks again so much!

1 Like

I knew you’d be very happy having the blob available in v2.

1 Like

Thanks! I just tracked down and fixed those bugs. They actually are present in the v1 plugin too, but I never noticed. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Just a note of thanks for Chronoblob2. Truly awesome delay ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for everything you do!

Better late than never. Thanks a bunch for porting theses and fixing the olden bugs so quickly!

Could you provide new beta1 builds with those fixes for testing pretty please?

Just tested Chronoblob2 in beta Rack 2 with simple basskick. Working.

Sure! I just uploaded new builds with those bugfixes, just redownload from the links in the OP.

1 Like

Downloaded and tested on a MacBook pro, i9. CPU Usage seems quite low, and everything seems to sound great. Thanks for this, it was on my most missed list.

Thanks for these Tyler. Amazing modules! Chronoblob2 is in nearly every patch I make. When the inevitable day comes that I start building a practical eurorack, Chronoblob2 will be among the first 5 modules. Having the virtual version to learn on has been a really fun experience. Last night was getting some cool and surprising results with Zzzorb into the send/return in single delay mode (in VCV v1). Sounds cool already but then hit Chronoblob2’s sync with a high speed clock every now and then and holy cow, better have a compressor connected before the audio out. Sounds killer. Cheers!

1 Like

To clarify, I had Vult Caudal modulating CV of Zzzorb, including sometimes the pitch CV. Even with that high degree of randomness in the patch, I thought something was fishy but couldn’t put my finger on it with the specificity that Omri described above. Actually I didn’t dig too deep because I was still getting cool results out of it. But it sounds like that bug would explain what was sounding “unexpected”. I’ll have a go with the updated v2 modules in a similar setup and find out what happens. I expect that with your changes it will sound even better. :slight_smile:

I feel like too much of a novice to give any insightful beta feedback, but I can’t tell you happy I was to see this post. Chronoblob is in my base template.

Thanks Tyler. Works great on my Mac OS Monterey

Thanks everyone for helping with testing and for the kind words! I’ve sent the new builds off to Andrew, so it should show up in the plugin library soon.

8 Likes

Fantastic news! Congratulations, @AlrightDevices !

Fantastic news!!! Nice to have to have them in Rack. By the way - in case you’re not aware - your module has been one of the most hotly-requested modules that hadn’t been updated yet!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Support has gotten dozens of bug reports about it already :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely.

1 Like

I was doing some more testing of the beta, which is generally a great mindset for better learning the tools. I didn’t find any problems, just more good ideas for using your modules later. Then suddenly VCV2 released and I had to abandon my post at the beta test site. Looking forward to taking a deeper dive with them soon. Thank you!

It may seem sacrilege to graffiti up the pristine white panel, but I love it and use it so much I made it match my preference in cable colors. For my use only obviously. Cheers!

3 Likes