Looking for a rectifier module that converts a bipolar input voltage to its absolute value

I can get close to what I’m looking for with an attenuverter, but that requires shifting the entire input up by +5 volts, making the output +0V to +10V. I’m looking for a way to leave the positive values unaffected, though it would be nice to have a switch to choose between negative or positive voltage at the output.

Example: If the input voltage has a range of -5V to +5V, essentially invert the signal while it is below 0; -5 becomes +5, -2 becomes +2, -3.24356 becomes +3.24356, ad infinitum.

Does a module already exist that can do this?

Audible Instruments Utilities has a full wave rectifier.

1 Like

What are you looking to shift an LFO?

LFOs yes, but modulation signals in general.

@Vortico — That’s pretty much exactly what I needed, and I can always just invert the signal using another instance and the inverse output if necessary. I thought this might be called a rectifier, but wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Bog’s noise module has an absolute value in/out as well

1 Like

Just finished development on an LFO module which will trim the signal to whichever voltage you want while keeping the original wave intact. You can produce the same results with Utilities and offsets as mentioned using min/max inputs.

Here’s a screen shot of how to route

My LFO and Logic modules will be distributed some time this week.

3 Likes

Now this I like. Great stuff!

Stay tuned so :+1:

In case anyone else comes by this thread doesn’t already know, these are the specific pins on the Kinks/Utilities module for the rectifier and absolute output.

Screenshot%20from%202019-01-27%2022-25-58

3 Likes

Interesting!

There is a dist of TrimLFO and Logic up on GitHub at the moment if you’d like to try @Eurikon @sweetestdestroyer

It is for Windows. https://github.com/Coirt/Bark/files/2803938/Bark-0.6.2-win.zip
(download to rackv0.6.2c plugins folder)

Just updated the repo, there may be issues at the moment for people compiling from source!

Small note: Instructions to install do not require unzipping. Rack’s unzipper is guaranteed to work, but manually unzipping might extract files in the wrong place, so it’s better to leave this step out.

3 Likes