Looking for a buffer looper

I’m not entirely sure if I understand the requirements correctly, but would PdArray be suitable? Using e.g. the phase of ZZC Clock as the recording position. Seems like ReMOVE works in a pretty similar way.

If I’m understanding correctly, here’s an example of how this imagined module would function. I’ll illustrate it using a timeline:

• [12:00 PM] – The “buffer looper” is activated, with a buffer size of 10 minutes
  • [12:05 PM] – If playback were triggered, the last 5 minutes in the buffer would play back
  • [12:10 PM] – If playback were triggered, the last 10 minutes in the buffer would play back
  • [12:15 PM] – If playback were triggered, the last 10 minutes in the buffer would play back (starting from 12:05 PM)

The key, as I understand it, is that the buffer records a window of time in a “rolling” manner in which, when the buffer is filled, additional data continues to add to the end while an equal amount is deleted from the beginning.

1 Like

Yes! This is exactly how I imagine it. So far haven’t encountered a module that incorporates this kind of ‘live’ buffer

1 Like

If you only need max loop length of 3 minutes, you may?? accomplish this with @synthi 's CLOCKABLEDELAY

thx I will check this out :slight_smile:

I would LOVE a plugin that does this.

In the meantime, I made one, as you might have already

the video is pretty simple, but you can add MIDI control for the time (length), etc.

Good luck!