logs color on VSCode (win) terminal

Does anyone got any color problem on log showed on VSCode Terminal in Windows 10 (64bit)?

To show them, I need to compile with -mconsole, so:

ifdef ARCH_WIN
	SOURCES += dep/osdialog/osdialog_win.c
	LDFLAGS += -Wl,--export-all-symbols,--out-implib,libRack.a -mwindows -mconsole \
		dep/lib/libglew32.a dep/lib/libglfw3.a dep/lib/libjansson.a dep/lib/libspeexdsp.a dep/lib/libsamplerate.a dep/lib/libzip.a dep/lib/libz.a dep/lib/libcurl.a dep/lib/libssl.a dep/lib/libcrypto.a dep/lib/librtaudio.a dep/lib/librtmidi.a \
		-lpthread -lopengl32 -lgdi32 -lws2_32 -lcomdlg32 -lole32 -ldsound -lwinmm -lksuser -lshlwapi -lmfplat -lmfuuid -lwmcodecdspuuid -ldbghelp
	TARGET := Rack.exe
	OBJECTS += Rack.res
endif

but when I see the logs on the VSCode Terminal, the code color are a total messing:

do you experience the same on your envs? how would you fix it?

Probably unrelated, but as some point the coloring stopped working from the msys2 command line for me. I deleted msys2 and re-installed and it worked. This was on windows 7.

Those look like valid ANSI escape sequences, and a quick web search implies that VS Code does not understand them inherently.

You may want to try this extension. I haven’t tried it personally, but it has four stars, so it may be worth trying.

It’s also worth noting that on the platforms I’m familiar with – Linux and MAC – the operation of the terminal is controlled by the TERM environment variable, which usually defaults to xterm. There may be something equivalent in windows, making things work better with a different setting.

Tried the extension, but don’t fix the problem. Should I open an issue on VSCode? Mmmm…