Logic Pro compatibility

I’ve been waiting for VCV Rack 2 to be reliably usable within Logic Pro before I bought it. The fact that the few posts about Logic on this forum are largely concerned with how glitchy VCV Rack 2 is when used in Logic makes me wonder if I still need to wait. Or look at other virtual modular plugins.

Is anyone on this forum using logic to record their VCV Rack 2 sessions without major issues?

Many thanks

Louis

I’m a happy Logic Pro/VCV user. VCV loads as an Instrument, Midi FX or Audio FX.

My only complaint is a recurring GUI glitch where keyboard focus intended for the VCV plugin is instead delivered to the main Logic window (which in my case usually results in keystrokes intended for the module browser being interpreted as Logic key macros). Very irritating, but even so I like running VCV in Logic for the ease of “orchestrating” a session via piano roll.

Do you see this as a Logic or a VCV bug ?

I don’t know. VCV is the only plugin I use that I try to “type to”. So it might be a general problem with Logic keyboard handling - or it might be a bug with VCV itself. VCV support has not told me anything other than that they hope to have a fix “soon”. I first reported this back in VCV 2.3.0 (May 2023), when using a different laptop, older OS - so it’s survived for a while.

In fairness, I’m still running VCV 2.4.1 - I’ve not updated to 2.5.2 yet, so I suppose there is a chance it was fixed in that release?

FWIW, closing the plugin subwindow and reopening it usually fixes the keyboard focus.

1 Like

I don’t think so :