Linnstrument Improvisations

a more ‘nicer’ one :smiley:

1 Like

linnstrument improvisation lll.vcv (5.0 KB)

2 Likes

LinnStrument Improvisation V

3 Likes

LinnStrument Improvisation VI

2 Likes

more tapes, more sounds, more fun …

2 Likes

I’m sorry, the video camera had some issues and dropped totally at the middle of the video :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks for posting the split screen - I’ve been wondering what the interaction looks like. Your patch makes much more sense seeing the Linnstrument in action.

Your whole series is very inspiring.

I’ve got a Sensel Morph, and all I have used it for with VCV is as a simple MIDI controller to interface with my Benjolin emulator. I really need to combine the MPE capabilities with VCV and see where that can go.

1 Like

It’s a mix of playing into my TapeRecorder module and improvising over what comes out (half of the time playback is reversed).

… just give it a try :notes:

2 Likes

I got a Linnstrument earlier this year, wish I’d got one years ago! As a guitarist, it’s the first computer music interface that really feels like it lets me take advantage of all the cool stuff that keyboardists have been able to use for such a long time.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the most versatile and expressive MPE controller I used so far (maybe the Hakenaudio Continuum might do better but I’ve never touched one). I use it exclusively with my MPE module.

2 Likes

This time I made a short improvisation using 4 instances of NI Absynth via VCV Host. But honestly I have to say, using a VST is not that fun compared to creating a sound using rack modules.

2 Likes

microtonal mess

linnstrument and vcv rack, ambient, microtonal. experimental

this is dry and mono, no reverb, no ear-candy, no beauty sound at all

1 Like

Playing on LinnStrument over VCV into Absynth:

Improvising on LinnStrument via Host into Absynth over the last speech recorded in the Apollo-1 capsule:

Apollo 1 was intended to be the first crewed mission to land the first man on the Moon. It was planned to launch on February 21, 1967, as the first low Earth orbital test of the Apollo command and service module. The mission never flew; a cabin fire during a launch rehearsal test at Cape Kennedy on January 27 killed all three crew members — Command Pilot Gus Grissom, Senior Pilot Ed White, and Pilot Roger B. Chaffee.

2 Likes

I think this is the “best” I did so far …

5 Likes