Lindenberg Research Announcements Thread

module pricing is super reasonable in the shop. i really do appreciate that part of vcvrack and the makers of modules. Still looking forward to the updates. I hope all is well with Patrick!

Definitely worth paying for, the new GUIs are beautiful!

A few months ago, it was around 15$ for thoses modules…which is quite reasonnable…

Now, none are available and I start to wonder if it was the “feedback” that was being given by some members that has caused the delays.

Hope to see an update sometime soon.

I get the feeling that, like a lot of us, he just isn’t that interested any more. Seems like most of the OG module devs are either gone or very quiet now.

1 Like

Hi all,

I have to apologise for the delay and waiting time. Unfortunately I had to fight with health problems and neglected this thing here. At the moment I’m working on my modules again and hope to release a usable version for testing soon. It took me some time to track down and fix problems with the graphics performance, because I had to develop a method to measure and track down performance-intensive graphics routines. Fortunately, these are now fixed and optimised.

There is also another module which I wanted to release - a preamp with tube simulation and EQ, distortion etc. but there are still some problems with the calculation of the scale of the VU meter, which is still a mystery to me. Possibly the first release without the new module, we’ll see.

So again, sorry for the delay and for writing so little here! I am still an enthusiastic developer for VCV and will stay that way, but sometimes things come up that can’t be planned and are more important, I think you understand that.

Take care and stay up to date here.

Peace, Patrick

post scripting: I hope I will get a version to test the next days, this times it really will be the next day’s :smiley:

44 Likes

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the news and I express my gratitude for your modules…I’ve had some health problems myself in the past months and I understand how it affects everything in life…get better each day…

Marc

2 Likes

:heart: Just a few minutes ago, I skipped through a couple of my old screen-recordings and thought Man, I really miss Sangster. :slight_smile: Take all the time you need though!

3 Likes

What’s causing the module devs to abandon this project? I have to admit to being fairly new to the community, and just don’t have the time to search through every post to figure it out.

As far as I am concerned, VCVRack and the modules for it are amazing, and it’s a great (free) alternative to the super expensive paid options like Reason, which is simply out of my price range these days. Even if Reason were cheaper, though, unless they get rid of iLok, I wouldn’t purchase it anyways. Dongle protection didn’t work 25 years ago and is still a less-than-ideal method of “preventing” piracy.

You could maybe have looked a few posts up as the dev posted.

My last post (to which I assume you are referring) was in response to Sqinky’s post specifically, not referring to Patrick. As someone who is totally new to VCVRack, and is unable to afford real EuroRack hardware, I am saddened that module devs are bailing out.

I saw Patrick’s post and look forward to the eventual final release, either free or paid, of his modules. I probably won’t use the betas, as I do not get enough of a chance to work in VCV to provide any useful testing input, nor have I developed my VCVRack “chops” enough to get past the “follow a bunch of Omri Cohen’s tutorials and enjoy some generative ambient” phase.

But I would, for sure, buy some collections just to help keep devs interested in developing. I already have a shortlist of collections that I want to buy, Including (eventually) the paid modules from VCV specifically.

Some people here seem saltier than others, the library appears to be ticking over ok to me.

Be aware as well as paid plugins there are often links in the modules to where you could buy a dev ‘a coffee’ etc.

1 Like

Good point on the “coffee” links. Won’t necessarily get me some of the “paid only” modules, but is a great way to support devs who don’t have paid modules.

Some have patreon accounts too. Just signed up with voxglitch for a month to show some support for the great modules Bret has been putting out recently.

Most module devs aren’t bailing out.

1 Like

Very excited to be able to pay for your work! Your modules have always lead me to some of my favorite musical places. I distinctly remember back in 1.0 getting lost in a patch with Valerie that sounded exactly like a Daft Punk patch, and ever since I’ve had to use restraint not to overuse your modules.

3 Likes

Take your time man! People are acting a bit entitled/impatient here, in the end we’re just talking about nice add-ons for a virtual fart-sound-making-machine. Don’t feel pressured to waste time on this project, especially if you’re having health problems.

Get better soon!

3 Likes

Good news:

Final Beta will be downloadable on Monday. If no big issues occur it will be submitted to VCV next week.

Stay tuned and have a good time!

Patrick

38 Likes

Congratulations!!

Awesome, good to hear. I’ve personally held off on installing the beta versions as I currently don’t have much time each week with VCV due to work. I also don’t really have the skills in VCV yet to be able to do any useful work to help test.

I’m going to be off work for a spell (recovering from a cardiac ablation) as of mid-October so I will hopefully be purchasing the modules when they become available (if you decide to go paid only).

Cheers.