I know I’m not the only person, because I’ve found a number of identical posts online. I have added my first module subscriptions. I close and restart the program. There is a red dot over the library tab. I click “Update all.” I instantly get a box telling me that all modules have been downloaded, and I should close and re-launch Rack to install the updates. I click “okay,” and Rack closes automatically. I relaunch the program. There is a red dot over the library tab. Nothing has changed. I repeat the process, interspersed by frantic googling. Hours go by.
The other people seem to have settled on a workaround of deleting their [Rack]/plugins-v1 folder, and then when they restart the program everything reloads and settles down. I’m using Fedora 34, and I don’t have a .Rack/plugins-v1 folder. So I made one. Nothing has changed.
I am open to any and all suggestions, as I’ve finally outgrown my basic set of modules after a couple of months and I’ve only got a few hours per week set aside to make music. Today was supposed to be a big step forwards and instead I just feel stupid. I can’t even do a basic task without making a forum post.