koma2000: Music and Patches

Hi all, I’m still new to the VCV Community (and fairly new to VCV Rack in general), and I just discovered the Music and Patches category here. I know many of you from YouTube and other platforms though :slight_smile:

I’ve been sharing my music on YouTube and my patches on patchstorage but it might be a good idea to create a thread here with all my recordings in one place.

I’ll start out with my first upload from about a month ago, which I consider my first successful attempt at making something that is listenable. Since then my approach has changed somewhat in that I make shorter videos and cleaner patches. But the goal is the same: make music that is relaxing.

Questions and comments are always welcome, of course.

So to get this thread started:

8 Likes

This is very beautiful, very meditative and deep, nice!

1 Like

Absolutely lovely piece.

1 Like

Nice piece! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

@existentia @rickglasser @marc_boule
Thank you very much!

I’m still trying to figure out how this forum works (what’s the best way to reply to posts etc.)

My latest upload from today:

I went to the other extreme, making very simple patches, trying to master each of my favourite modules. I’ll find the middle ground some day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Continuing the Ambient Recordings series, I’m at number 11 now, learning along the way.

1 Like

Ambient #12 A simple patch, rings into 2 clouds, one pitched an octave lower than the other. Maybe next time I’ll have 3 clouds :smiley: then 4…

1 Like

I took a little break from uploading (there are other things in life than VCV Rack :wink:); but I had a lot of fun building this patch. It started with Marbles + Atelier Palette, then kept growing until I ran out of channels on the mixer, and also CPU power. :grinning: Ambient + percussive sounds, I think it’s quite soothing.

6 Likes

Hey everyone, I’ve been away from VCV Rack for a while… 3 years… working on my PhD huh, wanted not to spend all my time in front of the computer. Now, that I have some more time again, I got back to VCV Rack, finally updated to version 2! I also collected my favourite VCV recordings into a music album, which just got released today! :slightly_smiling_face: All 8 tracks made entirely in VCV Rack!! :smiley:

7 Likes