Keyboard Zone Split Module

This turned out to be a great use-case for BASICally. With only a few lines I as able to split the keyboard as I wanted for CV and gate and send those to the Meander harmony and melody “Degree” and “Gate” inputs and be able to independently play with left and right hand. MIDI-CV module is set to 2 channel polyphony with “reset” mode. Each hand plays monophonically in a type of “autochord” and melody manner. @StochasticTelegraph

6 Likes

Interesting, how does BASICally interpret poly inputs? I see that its outputs are monophonic, but is the comparison “inCV < 2” just done on the first channel, or it applies the code to all channels of inCV?

I believe BASICally is monophonic. I’m sort of surprised that this method is working. I have a very complex computer aided MIDI keyboard performance patch working and I am having fun. This goes back to Meander’s roots in 1988 when I created it as a smart computer aided assistant to my live playing.

Now I have Squinktronix Harmony being controlled by the left hand. Notes have to be played one at a time but all playing is on the white keys where C is always degree ‘I’ no matter the mode and root scale set in Meander and passed on to Harmony. I will eventually post the patch in my plugin topic for anyone who might want to play in a totally different way.

3 Likes

It is surprising how such a simple setup can be so tricky to get as close to perfect as possible (or practical). Within the next few days I will post the patch on my PurrSoftware topic in case anyone is interested in playing “autochords” and melody simultaneously.