Just made the switch to bitwig

Not sure if it just because it’s something fresh, but wow am I loving bitwig right now. The clock sync is incredible compared to ableton’s (for my purposes at least).

Any other bitwig users here? Any cool tips that can be sent my way? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I use it now and again. Probably my favourite thing is having LFOs available whenever and wherever you want. With a plugin loaded, in “Show Device Panel” view, click on the lowest icon to the left of the plugin and you’ll see “Show Modulators”. You can click one of the “+” buttons to add one of many different modulators, try “Classic LFO” to get a pretty featured LFO with options for waveform, amount, phase, bipolar or not etc and then you can directly apply it to one of the plugin’s parameters.

1 Like

I’m Bitwig Studio user since Dec 2022, so very recent, be sure I’m very enjoyed about it, in particular its GRID feature, and overall workflow. I don’t regret this buy (as self gift for Christmas, during -100 euros promo) :wink: However, in certain cases (eg OBS Studio), I continue to use REAPER, but now, Bitwig Studio is my main DAW.

1 Like

I really enjoy the Bitwig workflow, however I don’t like that it poorly integrates with the rest of my system/studio.

1 Like

User since 0.8 haha… can’t live without it.

2 Likes

The STEP modulator is my best friend. I use it for any type of modulation and with the smooth function you can draw your own envelopes or LFO’s. Use it on a scale of notes and it becomes a note sequencer. Randomize until you feel the groove or melody to your liking. Enjoy!

VCV is part of the futur

User since 0.8 haha… can’t live without it.

You’re meaning Bitwig Studio 0.8? (I understand correctly?) - oldest I can see from official Bitwig Studio changelog was… v1.0.1 (March 2014, it wasn’t yesterday). :wink:

Yep, I got the beta version before it was released.

1 Like

On July 16th, 2012 I received the first beta, just checked my emails in case someone would be checking up on me. :slight_smile:

Bitwig’s Grid was what sold me on it.

i absolutely adore the UI and how easy it is to lay out modules in a grid like that.

1 Like

I’ll have to look into this tonight. Last night I started playing with the modulators and got a little carried away with the results :rofl:

It sounded decent even musically, but part of me felt like I cheated with randomness to get something that sounded good

Yep, I got the beta version before it was released.

On July 16th, 2012 I received the first beta, just checked my emails in case someone would be checking up on me. :slight_smile:

Well done! you’re certainly one of oldest Bitwig user!

1 Like

haha, I take that as a compliment. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

haha, I take that as a compliment. :vulcan_salute:

Of course! :ok_hand: