Is there a one-to-multiply-for-poly module?

Is there a super simple stand alone module that accepts a non-poly CV input and returns the same signal as a 16-polyphony output?

I failed to find anything in the Library. I know that it’s not a big deal to create it with VCV Merge but I use this regularly and I wouldn’t mind reducing cable spaghetti in my patches…

I think this is what you’re looking for?

3 Likes

Many thanks @gshaham !

1 Like

There is also VCV Library - ML Modules Cloner. It has only one mono input and one poly output, unlike 23Volts MonoPoly that has two.

But Cloner has the additional option of applying a voltage delta spread across the poly channels. This can be useful for creating detuned unison voices, or a user defined scale with one V/Oct note per channel.

3 Likes

Just to understand better what the SPREAD does… Is it theoretically possible to feed the module with C4 mono signal and get a poly output with C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8?

And this

1 Like

I find PolyMult from BogAudio quite useful

2 Likes

Yep

Its a bit easier going from C0 - C8. I’ll assume 0V = C4

Using the default mode, where spread determines total delta from 1st to last channel:

• Set switch to bidirectional
  • Set channel knob to 9
  • Keep input empty (defaults to 0V)
  • Feed 8V into spread input
  • Set spread knob fully clockwise to 1 (accts as an attenuator when spread input provided)

It is even easier if you use the context menu to switch to legacy mode, where the spread determines the interval between each channel:

• Set switch to bidirectional
  • Set channel knob to 9
  • Keep input empty (defaults to 0V)
  • Keep spread input empty
  • Set spread knob fully clockwise to 1 (specifies delta voltage)

Either way, you get voltages of -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

But of course the deltas don’t have to be whole octaves. You can also specify a negative spread to get the highest voltage on the 1st channel.

1 Like

Ah, so many wonderful solutions I missed! And so many great advices I received! Many thanks everyone!

1 Like

Glad you asked the question, I also benefitted from the feedback this thread got :+1:

1 Like

This is also built into the ML Pro Quantum Multiverse quantizer.

It can produce some incredible results. Try feeding it a short sequence & sweeping spread with a LFO across a few quantized poly voices.