Install packages: multiple errors

I decided to go crazy. I have never developed anything but I have always been fascinated by the idea of doing it. I can understand the codes quite well, so I said: why not? At least let’s try. The first step went well (pacman -Syu), the second gives me these errors. I’ve been trying since yesterday, I’m stuck here. Is this an indispensable step? Is there any way to resolve or proceed by ignoring errors? (Win10) error

pacman -Syu --disable-download-timeout

1 Like

You are a boss! Solved in 10sec. Thank you!!

1 Like

@Jens.Peter.Nielsen It worked almost perfectly. Two other errors: error2

Probably doesn’t matter

the first 2 servers in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.* should direct you to a mirror near you:

## Primary
Server = https://mirror.msys2.org/mingw/x86_64/
Server = https://repo.msys2.org/mingw/x86_64/

if the servers are listed in the files, and it’s still not working, sometimes setting --disable-download-timeout works.

Other than that , I don’t know - Perhaps just keep trying.

I don’t think so. I am using the smartphone connection (hotspot-wifi) because I do not have a home internet line. I don’t know if the smartphone is a proxy.

In the meantime the terminal has finished working, apart from those two mistakes everything is ok.

If some server is never working for you (maybe blocked somewhere), you can remove it in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.*

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand what I have to do here. The copy and paste returns me “Server: command not found” then I tried to remove “Server =” but nothing happens …yes, I should also study a bit of commands, I’m very ignorant, I just have a good eye to read the codes

You could probably use notepad++ to look and edit

C:\msys64\etc\pacman.d\mirrorlist.mingw64

for example.

I won’t try to give a msys basic tutorial here. Others allready did that.

1 Like

You have already helped me a lot, without being obliged or paid, I appreciate it, quiet! Now I see what I can do, maybe I’m going to look for those tutorials you talk about, thank you again!