How should I celebrate my video reaching 420 views?

:sunglasses: 420-views

3 Likes

Ha, saw this on the Facebook group too. What’s the significance of 420? Other than being the US penal code for possession of cannabis.

From the interwebs:

Noun

1. The number four hundred and twenty, the integer between four hundred and ninteen and four hundred and twenty one.

2. A particular type of monohull dinghy, designed for two people.

3. The consumption of cannibis, or cannabis itself.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, now you know why there are so many psychedelic effects in this one:

2 Likes

Hey, good one!

1 Like

i suppose i could be wrong, but i don’t believe 420 is a ‘penal code’ for anything related to cannabis anywhere. i’ve never heard or seen that before.

i’m not ashamed to admit i’ve actually done ‘research’ on the number 420, as i’ve been a cannabis user for over 20-25 years. as far as i’ve always known, it’s just a number associated with cannabis use in general. if the stories are to be believed, it started with a group of school friends (i believe in the 70s, i could be misremembering) who had a scheduled time when they would meet up at a specific place to smoke, and it was always at 4:20pm for some reason.

anyway, just my $0.02 on the topic as a long-time cannabis enthusiast. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Obviously you should assemble some heads and roast a couple fat doinks

1 Like

It is funny how people relate to numbers in situations. I remember in the 80’s I would go to concerts in Indianapolis. There were large digital clocks. While waiting for the show to begin, when the time displayed 7:14 for an entire minute, the entire audience would hoot and holler. It was the number on the Quaalude, abused as a popular alcohol accelerator. My license? it’s back there, on the bumper… :wink:

@alefnull you’re right, seems that’s common misconception about 420 being a penal code. I wouldn’t know, never been nicked for it. :smile: I looked it up and also found a few references to 4:20pm. Interesting how it became a universal slang for weed.

2 Likes

Yes, my memory is the 4:20 PM is the time of day when one should do that.

1 Like

'cause 4:20 is the end-of-shift time somewhere (nederlands?) and we were all gathering ro relax ourselves? :broccoli:

2 Likes