How do you control a sequential switch with MIDI CC to select different steps?

Hi, I’m new and totally clueless :slight_smile:

I want to use a midi CC signal to select different steps in a switch - I’m looking at the Sequential Switch 2 in fundamental. I want to be able to use a midi controller to choose between the 4 incoming signals but the CC signal doesn’t seem do it. Maybe some other kind of a switch than a sequential one is what I need.

What is the best way to accomplish this simple task?

Thanks!

I suggest you need something like Trigger Switch from ML, or Flow from AS, or some another module (Im not yet an expert too).

The logic of sequential switch is contained in its name – you can’t select desired step, you need “click” for switch to the next step. So if you want select for example 1 signal, then suddenly 3, then 2, 1, 4 and so on – you need something another, like trigger switch from the link abobe.

Hope this will help.

2 Likes

Hi Shane!
If I understand correctly, you want to be able to select a certain step on a sequential switch with your midi controller. If that’s the case, you can use the sequential switches from ML. They have a STEP input, which is a cv input for manually selecting the different steps. In the right click menu you can choose between different cv ranges, depends on what you’re using. I guess that 0-10 volts will work, and you can also use some sort of attenuation to attenuate the signals and fit them exactly where you want them. A scope and a volt meter would make the process easier for you.
Let me know if this is what you were looking for or if you need some help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

By the way, an even easier approach will be to use the Router modules that come with the Octal Router from VCV. You have an input for each step so you can just trigger the step you want, and if you want more features, you can use the Octal Router. It is a commercial module, but you get to support the VCV idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Omri_Cohen, that sounds like what I need. I will check out the Octal router. I don’t mind paying, I already have a few paid modules along with the countless dozen free ones that I don’t know how to use!

1 Like

Excellent Shane! Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like