How do I make a dub siren?

To what? My racket? Don’t yet consider it good enough for release, but getting there.

Siren schematics? Just google.

1 Like

you’re right the patch is much more complicated as necessary.

I did a new one with the vultari punk console module, this does the job too, but is much simpler;

2020_09_26_rsmus7_dub_siren_04.vcv (5.9 KB)

4 Likes

HERE we go. That’s what I’m on about. Now I can lose sleep sussing out a reset for the LFO and how to emulate tape delay(which should be a whole other unit but whatevs) . You really hit the nail on the head with this one, mate. Ha, last time, when I opened up the file and saw a mixer(?!?!?) I remember thinking “uh oh.”

1 Like

for a bit of tape delay you can try the → Nysthi NYECHOecoeco or Jira Jira Echo modules

and you can try this stoermelder Strip preset:

tape distortion.vcvss (4.6 KB)

I’ve found that Lindenberg’s “Sangster” module has a very authentic sound to it, but I will certainly check this out. Once again, cheers for all the help, mate.

And while you’re at it

Could someone PLEASE help me get Stoermelder Mb running(on PC)??!?!?!? I downloaded packtau, put it in my rack file both extracted and unextracted, but I just can’t suss it out, even after looking up online how to get it into your library. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again N

is VCVSS a file for mac or something? My computer won’t recognize it. I even forced VCV to open it and I get a blank rack.

.vcvss files are for the stoermelder Strip module. Right click on the module and then open the .vcvss file.

Please join an existing discussion about that module (EDIT: for example this one) or open a new topic about it in the Plugins category.

Flexible Dub Siren Patch with 4 Sirens patched and switchable. Easy to make your own siren, fully labelled.

Developed from an patch by @synthikat here;

2 Likes