HOST bug

Shutdown crash fixed, thanks! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Works with me as well, nice and smoother. This thing is a beast now. Brutal! Thanks Rich

1 Like

As the universe has not imploded to a singularity yet, Iā€™m guessing no one has tried running Rack inside Host, inside Rack, inside Host, inside Rack, inside Host, inside Rackā€¦

1 Like

Been there, done that (of course I have!) and Rack 2 crashes and burns. Gotta try with 2.0.1 again, at least I should get a full log file, the ones I got on 2.0 were all truncatedā€¦

OK, tried again with 2.0.1. Rack crashes when the inception copy is starting and wants to open the log file that Rack 2 already has open. Not going to work while these two instances use the same settings/template/autosave/log fileā€¦ At least we get full logs now, even for a hard crash. So that much is changedā€¦

hi there,

i wasnā€™t sure if i should start a new thread for this or not but i figured if thereā€™s a thread dedicated to issues with host, i should probably start here.

has anyone experienced issues hosting reason rack plugin v12.2.2d67 in rack pro v2.0.1 (and host v2.0.1)?

all my other tested VSTs work swimmingly as expected, but reason simply refuses to play ball. nothing is written to log.txt aside from autosaving patch.json and settings.json. if i observe rack.exe in sysinternalsā€™ process monitor, i can see where rack queries the .vst3 file, but nothing jumps out as particularly obvious as to what goes wrong.

other hosts (live 11, renoise 3, even rack v1.1.6) can successfully host reason rack plugin perfectly as expected, and of course reason (et al) can host rack v2 VST which is a blast, but i definitely still have plenty of desire to host reason within rack :slight_smile:

i do admit that this all started because i originally tried to host reason in rack which was being hosted in reason which didnā€™t work and i wasnā€™t TOO concerned because yeah thatā€™s probably not exactly a supported use case :wink:

[edit] gif to illustrate what happens (or technically fails to happen i guess) - https://i.imgur.com/CqWHlLP.gif

i can confirm that Reason RRP does not load in VCV v2 HOST, difference to note with VCV v1 HOST, is that in v1 when clicking on Reason RRP we get a choice between the instrument & the fx plugin.

In VCV v2 Host, when we click on Reason RRP , this choice does not appear, instead the plugin list is closed and nothing is loaded.

@Richie (i am pinging you here Richie if you donā€™t mind).

1 Like

This has now been fixed, update HOST through the library for the latest version!

Thanks Richie and crew. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

confirmed and appreciated to all involved! :smiley: