Host and Host FX in 1.0 not working?

Hi,

I have an issue with Host and Host FX in 1.0. I can load them but they do not work. The issue seems to be the path to my VST Plugins. It is not in my C drive but on another Drive. I could set the path. But since i did it it seems that the modules freeze as soon as i try to open a plugin within the modules.
Anyone else with that issue or maybe a workaround?

When I try to load a VST plugin there is the circling color ball on OSX 10.13 and thats it, rack shows a black screen. You have to force quit the whole computer, delete the jason file to get the rack working again after restart.

Same with Windows 10. Except that you can start VCV again and remove the Host Module.

Ok. I did a little testing. The issue seems to be the amount of plugins and subfolders and /or the fact that there are 32 bit and 64 bit plugins mixed in the folder. I have now set the path to some of my 64bit plugins that are stored within subfolders directly to the subfolder and it works.

The issue is fixed, and the fix will be available in the next Host release.

As a workaround, as Roland says, minimising the number of subfolders under your configured plugin folders will improve things.

4 Likes

This is great. Thank you very much!

The fix is now in the Plugin Library.

3 Likes

It works fine now. Thank you very much for the quick fix!

You’re very welcome - I’m glad everyone is back up and running!

2 Likes